Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSA on ebay: unusual color

Old 03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Thanks, but I love my RSA seats! In fact, I'd like to find another pristine set to put away in storage for the eventual time when I wear out my original ones!
You Tease.

Steve
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
egmeinberg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Buy a pair of leather seats from a 964 or 993 and put the cloth sport seats in the attic. That's what I did. My cloth sport seats are in like new condition, kill my hips, are probably fast to wear out in the bolsters, and will probably be impossible to replace when the eventually do wear out.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
TR6
Super User

Originally Posted by egmeinberg
Buy a pair of leather seats from a 964 or 993 and put the cloth sport seats in the attic. That's what I did. My cloth sport seats are in like new condition, kill my hips, are probably fast to wear out in the bolsters, and will probably be impossible to replace when the eventually do wear out.
Interesting. I found my cloth RSA seats to be some of the most comfortable and supportive seats I've sat in, even on long trips. More comfortable than my sport seats in my BMW M Coupe. Everyone's built differently, I guess. Also, my seats have over 140K miles of seat time on them and the bolsters look great. No rub wear at all. Leather, on the other hand shows bolster wear and stress cracking much sooner. I do agree that it may be difficult to get an upholstery shop to reproduce the original material when the time comes....
Old 03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
egmeinberg
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had to get out of the car every hour and walk around because the bolsters were pinching my hips so badly (I'm 6'5" and 230lbs), and I get paranoid about car interiors because I seem to tear up bolsters in every car I own. I even wore through the finish on a BMW 5er's seats within 50k miles. I just find the leather 993 seats more comfortable and more easily replacable ($600 on ebay)
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 PM
race911
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got both sets from both cars sitting around, 42K & 135k worth of use. One driver's has a small cigarette burn right in from of.........well, too bad it didn't get the prior owner's "jewels" instead!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: