Sponsored by:

Engine Runs Ruff, Then Dies part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:03 PM
jeff522
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Engine Runs Ruff, Then Dies part 2

The engine will start run very ruff and then die. This takes about 1 to 2 sec. She gets good spark, good fuel pressure to the rails, ect. I have a Autothorty MAF on her. When I disconect the MAF unit electricly the car will start and run. It runs very ruff, but it dose run. As sonn as I hook the MAF back up she dies. It seams like the MAF unit is the problem. Dose any one have any futher ideas what eles it could be and what to do. Of course I nolonger have the stock unit.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:55 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

What is the condition of the hot-wire? Have you checked the signal between the MAF and the Split Second box? Do you have a Bosch Hammer or Doug Boyce's software to check the MAF voltage levels at the ECU? With the situation at Autothority being what it is you might instead try contacting John Speake he rebuilds the Bosch units and might be able to help with the Ford/GM/Autothority unit? Another option might be to just buy another MAF sensor(try a junkyard first) and install it into the tube? I would be extremely surprised if Pro-M customized the sensor in any way for Autothority other than putting their sticker on the unit and supplying them with a tube. Are there any manufacturer marks or part numbers on the sensor itself?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
jeff522
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the insight Jason. I had no idea the sensor or hot wire is the same on GM or Ford units. I'll check the part number, get her hammered.

Quick Reply: Engine Runs Ruff, Then Dies part 2