Is this for real?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 AM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990-964
Yeah it is probably FAKE!

Not certain but don't believe RUF made any Yellowbirds on the 964 chassis. Also for the sake of speed Ruf usually uses narrow body cars whether it is a body in white from the factory and given a RUF vin or a customers Porsche which will parobably still carry the original vin.
On darkgreen CTR was build up after an accident on a 964 base!!!
Official at RUF!

The ebay car could be an original RUF but in my eyes there is nothing "yellow bird"! Ok, it is yellow!

And the BTR engine isn´t a CTR engine, etc.!

Greetings Christian
Old 03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

I got an email back from the seller, he is quite certain that it's a 930. To quote, "It's not a turbo bodied 964, it's a 930 - do your homework". Ha.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Laurence Gibbs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to put things into perspective. The owner has listed it as a BTR but made the mistake (deliberate or not) of also calling it a yellowbird aka CTR the BTR Ruf's are single turbo group B technology and were what Ruf produced before making the Yellowbird more accurately CTR . The CTR being twin turbo Group C technology. BTR Ruf's tend to be built up in various fashions none of which resemble the later CTR. Most cars being built from 3.2 carrera's or 911 sc's. If the car actually turns out to be a genuine BTR engined car then it's probably a bit of a bargin, assuming it's all in reasonable condition. Ruf made many conversions not all of which were complete turn key cars with Ruf Vin's Many were built from existing Porsches with Porsche chassis numbers. This is also true of the CTR's The RUf Vin cars generally command more money. Ruf went on from the CTR to make more BTR's (btr2 & 3 i think?) on the 964 platform and eventually returned to twin turbo's again on the 993's and back with the ctr moniker with the CTR2
Old 03-11-2007, 12:26 AM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrouder
Carfax calls that vin a 2001 C2.

Call it what you will, but why is the vin that he listed for a 2001 C2?

I say scam.

Quick Reply: Is this for real?