Stainless Steel roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 815 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
How about those massive rear speakers?

Since I race in a PCA stock class, I can only remove interior parts which would facilitate cage installation. And while I might be able to argue for their removal, my car is actually a little light (don't look, Colin!) so I could use the extra mass. Right now, it weighs about 2,950 lbs dry--and that's with a cage and spare!
"Hello Bruce, I have a car to add to the watchlist..."

You should consider welding a flat pieces of stock to the the floorpan that "supports" to the side rails. The way it is now just doesn't look that strong.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 38D
You should consider welding a flat pieces of stock to the the floorpan that "supports" to the side rails. The way it is now just doesn't look that strong.
Agree. Good tip.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:22 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 470 Posts

That's why safety devices cages are nice as they have welded points to the stronger parts of the car...
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2007, 02:02 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Safety Devices definitely has a better design and I used to own one but replaced it because it did not meet the specifications imposed by NASA. I had an older one and it was not thick enough, I believe 10 mil vs the required 12 mil, and it lacked a diagonal brace in the plane of the main hoop. I'm sure you could weld is such a piece but for those looking for a solution that's good out of the box, the Autopower bar is a good option for NASA and PCA.

If you have any plans to race, you should always review the rule book of the appropriate sanctioning body prior to making such a purchase. I believe the SD bar is good for PCA racing but, again, make sure the specs meet the stated requirements.

Quick Reply: Stainless Steel roll bar