Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 CCU fan

Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

If you say, set the temperature to the "blue dot" setting, do the front fans all work correctly?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Alex Sol
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from the shop. The fans work great, smooth sounding and full power if you ground the plate where the resistor is kept in place. It looks like it is made of aluminum and is the size of about 5" x 8" not perfectly rectangular in shape. When you ground one side, the driver side fans comes on, when you ground the other side of the resistor, the passenger side fans come on. They both run well and quietly.

There are 2 pairs of smaller motors/ actuators / servos (?) that work properly and smoothly. One pair operates from the upper and lower slides on the CCU and one pair opens and closes what looks like a duct opening by each front fan.

The fans do not operate at any settings now either on cold or hot (or anything in between or at any of the 4 fan settings.)
I would like to change out whatever inexpensive but problematic parts that need to changed out ie: resistors, possibly the fan blower motors, with new b/c I don't want to have to rip this out again in the near future. I don't mind spending a few bucks on the system so I don't have to go back to the same 'old' problems.

I have found a place that will rebuild the CCU for over $500.00 ottosvenice.com - anyone have experience with them? Seems a little steep but compared to $1700.00 for new, I may have to take that chance. I appreciate any comments etc.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe try here
http://www.systemsc.com/products.htm
Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Alex Sol
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's lorenfb's company. Only just noticed that they're a site sponsor I'll give them a try.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 964 CCU fan