964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The America Roadster Story

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Great looking exterior with all the right upgrades but that interior has to go.

I thought that was one of the best parts - classy-looking. Black is too common and obvious, and an amethyst interior - well, I've seen that and it's probably a bit much.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you might be seeing the bottom of these cars value with an upswing in the next 3-5 years. Who knows how far though.
I agree on the prices bottoming out. I can't imagine a low-mileage (25-50K miles) AR ever falling under $30K. If that ever happens, I would not mind picking up a couple more as spares. Hopefully my <9K miles AR will fetch a decent penny if I ever decide to sell.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:02 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230006201474

I always post this one in AR threads - because if it were unmolested (and I had the money ), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Amethyst Metallic? I love it.
Porsche came out with some really funky colors in the 80's and 90's... I'm kind of a Porsche purist and like the basic colors: Red, Black, White, Yellow & Silver...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by bull30
Porsche came out with some really funky colors in the 80's and 90's... I'm kind of a Porsche purist and like the basic colors: Red, Black, White, Yellow & Silver...

I'm not sure what you mean by "purist" when Porsche and colors are used together. Although I understand your fascination for the more common colors. I myself think the turbo's look best in Black and brilliant in Silver, but now that I have purchased some of these amazing pearlescent paints I am hooked. I also find some of these colors can look better on a wide body and others on narrow.

This is sometimes why the market can play some strange games. Depending on the few cars available you will always sell the pristine common color cars for a solid price. Back in the '90's the dealer could not order these special order paints without a customer. At the time Porsche was having issues and a small percentage of people were ordering cars. So most cars were delivered from the standard color list.

With few of these cars to begin with sometimes the more unique colors will command the biggest premium or sell first. I guess that all depends on te market that particular day. I never plan to sell my turbo so that leaves one other to someone looking for cobalt.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:21 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

I never plan to sell my turbo so that leaves one other to someone looking for cobalt.
Me too... Hope my grandson likes a Red & Black Porsche because I've willed them to him...
Old 02-01-2007, 04:21 PM
America
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the late reply. raspberry red metalic. Here's a pic

Last edited by America; 03-07-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:22 PM
America
Racer

The black HRE's are on the car now.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Wow.. That's a pretty wild color... I like the black wheels...
Old 02-01-2007, 06:11 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by America
Sorry for the late reply. raspberry red metalic. Here's a pic
I recall seeing this car listed for sale a while back. If I recall, the mileage was a bit high as well as the asking price (IMO). I disagree on the color being the primary reason for the hard sell. If you are selling considerring selling and has a reasonable price, you can PM me and let me know. I can always use another AR, but as a daily driver instead of being in storage.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
America
Racer

Parsecnc4, I PM my cell phone number to you. Since you mention that I over priced the car. I would like to ask everyone here what do you think its worth.

I spent $10,000 in repairs or maintenance in the last 5 years.
New top and window, carpet, brake pads and rotors, all new oil lines, Cd player, Alpine amp, Boston acoustic speakers, windshield, wind deflector, new tires on stock wheels, HRE wheels(had Gemballa 18" last year, but sold), Speedtser seats, clutch, altinator, distributor, cap & rotor, plug & wires and a whole bunch of nicknacks that leaked or just looked old. When I got the car it had a B & B exhaust and Eibach lowering springs. I was asking $38K with the wheels and seats or $32K with the stock seat and wheels. I also have a whole hide of leather is the raspberry($2000) that I was going to throw for free. There's alot money spent on this car that I know I will never get back, but I thought $32K for a very weel sorted AR was a decent deal. If I'm wrong, let me know your thoughts. Bye the way the car has 88K miles.

Quick Reply: The America Roadster Story