Sponsored by:

MOMO wheel ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:31 PM
MassGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOMO wheel ???'s

I am looking at the MOMO's. I have done this install in the past on the 74 911 I owned a few years back but I am not to sure how tough it will be on the 964.

I did a search and I have come accross a few install threads.

Has anyone here done this swap?? How tough is it???

The airbag is what concerns me..I dont want it going off in my face LOL
Old 01-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To use a Momo wheel you need the adapter ring, the new wheel and the "L" shaped clip if you are going to have a horn. I no longer have a horn (although sometimes I wish I did) or an airbag. There are plenty or write-up's about how to do it in the archives.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Southampton76
Racer

I removed mine last year. Its an easy swap. Disconnect the battery and wait 30 mins, stop the airbag going off. Remove the airbag using a torx screwdriver. then remove the bolt on the hub.

Momo has a hub adaptor for a Porsche, you can even get a Porsche logo horn push. I took me about an hour.

I have the airbag light on because I didn't go in and disconnect the airbag switch for the drivers side. Do a search to find a why to have that turned off.

Of course you can get a different wheel with airbag and plenty of people have done that.

Mark
Old 01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Momo wheel in the 964 with hub and horn push
Old 01-10-2007, 02:43 PM
John52
Instructor

As other rennlisters have noted there are tons of posts re: this process and carefully removing the old wheel..

Here are a few important part numbers for the new install.

- Momo 7004 hub
- Porsche horn contact bracket Part # 964.652.104.00
The Porsche horn bracket is pushed into the metal plate in front of the turn signal brackets, at around 1 o'clock. Push it in until it clicks into place.

There are a variety of opinions, methods to bypass the airbag light ,etc.
I chose to do it the way Porsche did for their Cup Cars , which is a simple little part called a bridge plug that bypasses both front airbags.
- Porsche Airbag Delete Bridge Plug Part# 928.612.220.00. It is a cheap part (under $10) snd makes the whole process easily reversible should you sell the car.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
MassGuy
Racer

Southampton76 nice looking interior!

Any more pictures? I am doing mine and I would like some ideas. I have already bought several things and I am adding more each day. Gives me something to do.

Where did you buy your stuff?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Southampton76
Racer

I have spent the past 3 years rebuilding my interior. Mine is a '90 C4 from CA but the interior was very tatty and worn.

It felt like a closet in there with black everywhere, so I added all the stainless parts. *****, dial trims, speaker rings, door switch gear. All came from Cup-Sport in Germany. I switched over the steering wheel as the old one was ugly and I'm 6ft 3" and need the extra leg room under the wheel.

My centre consoles are currently at Cup Sport getting the metal finish. I will switch them over when they return to match the handbrake tray and console bin at the back. I also painted the switch ***** red to break up the black everywhere.

I took the heather vent trim out, painted it black, as it was brown! and painted the screw heads red as a subtle change.

I added blue LEDS for the instrument panels / dash lights, these match the blue LEDS on the SONY headunit. I put that in because the face blacks out.

I have hard wired in my laser jammers and Bell radar detector. All that is hidden.

Other stuff in there, Harmon Kardon iPod integration, A NUVI nav system, plug and play. Rear sub woofers behind the seats, amps etc.

The picture I sent had the seats out, I have just put GT3 seats in, they are great, Brey and Krause lowering mounts moved back as far as I could get them on the mounts to give me another 2" of leg room. I'll get some pics of the seats in.

Pedals are Rennline, I also added Red betls and might upgrade to a harness, I actually find them comfortable over the shoulders.

Bits of carpet have been replaced and rear seats have been removed.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Southampton76
Racer

Default GT3 Seats

Ok, I'll come clean. These are replica GT3 seats. I spent 6 months looking for a decent set without breaking the bank and gave up. So, I did a deal with a company who had some on Ebay, got them to send me one to test fit and check quality. They are excellent! Carbon fibre backs, perfect fit, no bad bolts etc, even the sliders fitted perfectly. No one will ever know, well you lot now do :-) I have seem plenty and you simply can't tell the difference between them.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:49 AM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Very nice seats. Is the company still around? If the price is right, I may be very tempted to give them a try.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Company is still around. I paid $1400 and change plus shipping. They have them on sale now on Ebay 220061009032 (item #) Make a 10% discount offer and they will accept, or counter. They are really excellent quality and even my local tech didn't know they were replicas. The backs are real carbon fibre and are strong and very light. The leather back cushions and bases are removeable, there is hole for a 5/6 point harness. Even the base cushions can be removed and you can add more foam, as I plan to do. Like I said, excellent.

There are ton of people on these boards to will say not original and berate people for buying these, claiming they are not FIA spec, not Recaro etc. But, I don't plan to race mine and even so, I would suspect they would be just fine.

Try finding a decent set of GT3 seats for under $2000. In most cases they have been used for racing and have hardly been taken care of, I know, I have looked.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

I moved my horn to were the power mirror switch used to be. Can't get to it as quick, but it works!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:55 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is some info: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/317686-new-interior-mod.html

Quick Reply: MOMO wheel ???'s