Sponsored by:

Start of interior refresh. Phase 1..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Does Dynamix have a website or contact info? Your interior looks fantastic and I might as well recover a set of Cashmere seats I have in the garage...
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 PM
shesminetoo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DJF1, it is "www.dynamix.uk.com". (Again no affiliation!)
Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 PM
BostonU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fantastic!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by shesminetoo
DJF1, it is "www.dynamix.uk.com". (Again no affiliation!)
Thanks,,, that is awesome...
Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shesminetoo
Mark, Good to hear you've also gone down this path. How does it hold up? Is there any significant wear after a year of use?

I have been thinking more about this job and decided that I'm going to use a sponge roller for the next seat. With the first seat I just wiped it on with a sponge and dabbed it to get rid of the smear marks. It worked well, but I found it to be blotchy up until the last two layers. I suspect that I will use more product with a roller, but hopefully get a more consistent coverage, especially in the larger areas. Another suggestion for people planning on attempting this, work in very good light, preferrably sunlight. When I did this it was overcast and yesterday in broad sunlight I spotted a few tiny areas where I have missed, particularly in the creases and right next to the piping. It is not obvious until you view it in harsh light. That's when the slight colour difference shows up. So, it seems another layer will be required.

Regards
Frans, I had a similar experience with my color. Nothing another coat won't take care of.
I used colorplus here in the States. No affiliation. www.colorplus.com Great service there also, they even matched my color.
It has held up very well. As I understand it, this is how leather is colored to start with.... so it holds up as well as any colored leather, assuming it is prepped well.
I have even had to clean off some nasty glue that the convertible top guy got on them and grime from the paint shop guy
The color has taken the abuse well.
I used a foam brush to put it on, using random strokes.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:07 AM
kellymartin612
Advanced

Good job,its realy nice.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 PM
xcoldricex
Racer

Originally Posted by MarkD
Frans, I had a similar experience with my color. Nothing another coat won't take care of.
I used colorplus here in the States. No affiliation. www.colorplus.com Great service there also, they even matched my color.
It has held up very well. As I understand it, this is how leather is colored to start with.... so it holds up as well as any colored leather, assuming it is prepped well.
I have even had to clean off some nasty glue that the convertible top guy got on them and grime from the paint shop guy
The color has taken the abuse well.
I used a foam brush to put it on, using random strokes.
just got a colorplus kit and i'm about to do the same - how big of a foam brush did you use? how many layers did you end up using?

Quick Reply: Start of interior refresh. Phase 1..