Sponsored by:

RH Wheel - Speedline look alikes on 964 N/A

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
I stand corrected Anthony. I must've been thinking of the 993RS Speedlines which look similar.

No sweat.

Great comparison chart.

In actuality once you go to the 18's weights jump considerably. Even the 17" Cup1's are relatively heavy weighing in at 10 and 12 kg it is not until you drop down to the 15 and 16" wheels that you start seeing those light weight numbers like 4.8 or 7 kg. But then tires weigh more for the same rolling dia and those big sidewalls just don't cut it.

Unless you are racing buy what looks best and is capable of handling your driving conditions. I like the Speedline look either 3.6 or 993RS style best myself.

BTW if you think these things are heavy my Cayenne wheels weigh in at over 14 kg, add the tires and you need a lift to change out the snow tires.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

heheheh I just found this thread, AND I'm getting 993RS Speedlines.... biggest boat anchors on the chart, odd considering the RS meant ideally a lighter car overall. Maybe those door panels did all the weight saving ! ;-)

I'll be selling my 17" CupIIs with rubber on them, keeping the stock 17" twists for the track. Does anyone know of the CupII and stock twists which are lighter ? those are the ones I'd want to keep for the track anyway
Old 09-02-2009, 06:42 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2
heheheh I just found this thread, AND I'm getting 993RS Speedlines.... biggest boat anchors on the chart, odd considering the RS meant ideally a lighter car overall. Maybe those door panels did all the weight saving ! ;-)

I'll be selling my 17" CupIIs with rubber on them, keeping the stock 17" twists for the track. Does anyone know of the CupII and stock twists which are lighter ? those are the ones I'd want to keep for the track anyway
Which 17" twists are you talking about? The only ones I know of from the factory are the boxtser twists which are slightly lighter than the cup II's but not by much. The 18" hollow spokes I would not recommend for track use as they break and the solid spoke version are heavier.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

not the Boxster twists, these (larger picture) :

don't the Boxster twists have 'raised bumps' at the center on each spoke ?
the ones I'm thinking of are here : http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...elDetail&id=35

I'm not sure which is more desirable to 964 or 993 buyers, the Cup IIs (smaller picture) or the twists (larger) since I'll be selling a set.

I want to sell the ones that are more desirable, the set I keep should be fine for my 2 or 3 track events (max) per year.

I had an '02 C4S with hollow 18" 996 turbo wheels, I was at the track once or more per month for a year, and fortunately had no trouble with them.
Attached Images   
Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2
not the Boxster twists, these (larger picture) :

don't the Boxster twists have 'raised bumps' at the center on each spoke ?
the ones I'm thinking of are here : http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...elDetail&id=35

I'm not sure which is more desirable to 964 or 993 buyers, the Cup IIs (smaller picture) or the twists (larger) since I'll be selling a set.

I want to sell the ones that are more desirable, the set I keep should be fine for my 2 or 3 track events (max) per year.

I had an '02 C4S with hollow 18" 996 turbo wheels, I was at the track once or more per month for a year, and fortunately had no trouble with them.
The 17" twists you are showing are an aftermarket size. So I couldn't tell you if they are heavier although odds are they are. The CupII's are a more desirable wheel you could probably sell these to a larger variety of Porsche owners including the 928 crowd. As far as the hollow spokes for a few events a year so long as you keep an eye on them they should be fine. The diehard multi day track guys tend to stay away from them.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 AM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
The 17" twists you are showing are an aftermarket size. So I couldn't tell you if they are heavier although odds are they are. The CupII's are a more desirable wheel you could probably sell these to a larger variety of Porsche owners including the 928 crowd. As far as the hollow spokes for a few events a year so long as you keep an eye on them they should be fine. The diehard multi day track guys tend to stay away from them.
Thanks for the update, now I need to look at the back of the twists that are hanging under the house, I thought they were a Porsche 993xxxxxxx part. But yes, I figure the Cup IIs are more desirable to sell once the 993RS Speedlines arrive.
I'll also be sure to photograph the part number inside the Cup IIs in addition to pics of the face. The RE760 Bridgestones on them probably have less than 2k miles and I love those tires, but for 18" Speedlines I'm going to have to spend less for tires and try the Sumitomo HTR ZIII. Killer price and so far I've seen good feedback on them on the 993 board.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:28 PM
nine6four
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RH Wheels on a narrowbody

Hi, i'm new to this forum (certainly not new to Porsches however), I put a set of RH Wheels on my 1991 C2 narrowbody car. I agree that they look great on 964s. see the photos of my car here: http://www.mkippen.com/blog/?p=1234

I've seen this Red 964 before in front of a home in Greenlake (near my home) where abouts do you live in Seattle??
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 AM
MortenKoch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow... those are awesome photos! I wish I had photos like that of my car.

Quick Reply: RH Wheel - Speedline look alikes on 964 N/A