Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone near Burbank, CA? Need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbunn
Didn't have a PPI done on mine. Don't regret it. Maybe I was lucky. I've read so much about PPIs not being done properly that they are almost as big a crap shoot as buying the car itself!

Not sure why they are so strongly advocated, unless it's by those who have paid so much for them they need to justify the expense.
+1 however I went to look at mine and read the records and crawled around it a bit looking at stuff.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
jjbunn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
+1 however I went to look at mine and read the records and crawled around it a bit looking at stuff.
Yes, me too. I also spent a couple of months reading everything I could about 964s, and in particular Adrian's book. I had a list as long as my arm of things to check. But it was all theoretical: stuff I'd read needed checking (like the vent tube). What you *really* need is to persaude a friendly expert like Adrian to give it the once over.

We have the technology to do a virtual PPI ... say you book a session with a Rennlist expert like Jason, or Adrian, and they join you in a videoconference where you walk around the car with a PDA, pointing the camera, and listening to them give instructions on what to look for, or make comments, from the comfort of their homes/offices elsewhere in the world.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:21 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

That's very close to me and also to my super top-notch 356 mechanic (but I think he only works on 356's and very, very early 911's, and he's always booked weeks in advance, so unfortunately doubt he could help with a PPI). I could take a quick look in person but anything I could add would really be visual only. Although I haven't used them, I believe TRE to be a first rate shop and would guess they would do a decent PPI for you.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
mcharus
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone near Burbank

girlracer sent you a PM
Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You can contact WerksII regarding a PPI. http://www.werks2.com/ They're one of the official tech stations for the Porsche Owner's Club here in SoCal and they're very reputable. They're located in Burbank so the distance shouldn't be a problem. I'm only affiliated with them as a satisfied customer.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Burbank, CA? Need your help!