Sponsored by:

Porsche trackday - Bedford

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:03 AM
tat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rich964rs
Looks like an RS in your avatar? What exhaust set-up are you running to get just over 101dB? I guess it's pretty standard - cat plus primary & secondary silencer?

Richs RS - cat bypass, cup pipe, g-pipe - 108.9dB
Ians C2 - cat bypass, cup pipe and secondary silencer - 103-105dB
Tats RS - ???

Rich
Only exhaust mod I have is a cup pipe. So with cat, cup pipe and secondary silencer I'm doing around 101dB. I think we'll all have problems getting onto the more sensitive tracks, like Coombe or Goodwood unless they're running noisy days.

Have fun a Bedford tomorrow!

[That's 3 posts!]
Old 12-09-2006, 05:17 AM
ggoodwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great day.
New cars outnumbered the older one's by far, but 964's were well represented.

Bedford is a nice open airfield track to test your car to its limits; and a little beyond sometimes :-)

Hair-pin bends really gave the tyres some stick, and I just about reached 130MPH on the speedo down the back straight. Used an unbelievable amount of fuel and my brake pad wear sensor fired up on the way home just for good measure too. - Well worth it IMO!

official photo's here -->
http://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=48...etpwd=mg5137kf

GarryG
Old 12-11-2006, 05:23 AM
The Russian
Instructor

Great track day! I must admit I was shocked by the outright speed of the Turbos, we could hold them in the corners but any straight they would simply pull away, not fair! The GT3s were in another league, the speed they carried into and out of the corners was amazing. It gets you thinking.
IanR - Well driven, you just made think about an engine rebuilt, dam you! PS what tyres were you running on?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM
IanR
Racer

Yes, was a good day, other than it took me 3 hours for the 80 mile trip home - bloody M1!

Russian, I'm running Toyo R888 tyres, which are a big improvement over normal road tyres, just glad it was dry. I was able to carry a lot more corner speed, and the car felt more planted as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 AM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The Russian
The GT3s were in another league, the speed they carried into and out of the corners was amazing. It gets you thinking.
Based on the "judgement Day" event we held earlier this year, 964RS's and 993RS's can cormer at the same or better speeds than GT3's. The problem is how much more power they have out of the corners. The other thing to consider is that most of the quick GT3's are running well tricked suspension (Manthey or similar) and will be on very sticky tyres, like the R888's. You cannot get close to a car on rubber like that if you are on street rubber.

Quick Reply: Porsche trackday - Bedford