Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:08 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

etom

I have a Bursch sports cat and Sportec primary bypass and the sound is good and the car feels much more lively too. Tried the secondary bypass with this combo for about 5 minutes. Wife and neighbours complained and apparently power/torque drops with this arrangment due to loss of back pressure.

Cheers
Old 12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I'm also running a secondary bypass and cat bypass but still have the OEM primary muffler. I had the secondary bypass first with the OEM cat and the secondary bypass gave the car a nice deep rumble similar to a V8. Great sound. Adding the cat bypass increased the sound level slightly and I can hear more burbling, but its not dramatically louder with the cat bypass. I have not removed the primary muffler but suspect it would be way too loud combined with the secondary bypass (essentially, I'd be running with no mufflers at all).
I've heard Greg's setup and it sounds perfect. It sounds like a 911 should, it really growls. I recently added a primary bypass only and it sounds much like Greg describes with his secondary bypass only, a low rumbling V8 sound. His cat bypass really makes it growl when it revs. I think I will add a cat bypass or at least a sport cat to mine in the near future. That being said, the primary bypass by itself really sounds good compared to stock. I bought my Dansk cup pipe from EBS Racing (no affiliation) and it was very easy to install and it fit perfectly.

Steve
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 AM
BostonU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TR6,

Try Rennsport Systems for your chip. I have no affiliation, but extremely satisfied with the chip they made for me.

BostonU
Old 12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
hjcarlin72
Instructor

Originally Posted by TR6
Jim, who is going to do the reprogramming on your chip? I'd like to find someone who does dynamic chip reprogramming here in the US.
I have an Authority Chip now. My mechanic has a lot of experience with them and he said that they can supply a modfiied chip to accommodate the Web Cams and Header system. That is what we intend to do. I think they can also do custom programming of a chip based on dyno runs at their shop in MD. Contact them for more info.

JimC.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
DustinTarditi
Instructor

I have a Evolution air intake and Ruf cup pipe... going to add a cat bypass soon.

My current intake/exhaust sounds very nice and coupled with my Ruf chip adds a bit of oomph too.

I got my intake from Pelican Parts (~$160), Ruf pipe from ebay (~$125), and chip from RenList classifieds ($125).

I recommend a cup pipe and intake mod - you will get a seat-of-the-pants increase in power and a great sound. The cup pipe replaces the secondary exhaust and will reduce about 15-20 pounds of weight.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DustinTarditi
I have a Evolution air intake and Ruf cup pipe... going to add a cat bypass soon.

My current intake/exhaust sounds very nice and coupled with my Ruf chip adds a bit of oomph too.

I got my intake from Pelican Parts (~$160), Ruf pipe from ebay (~$125), and chip from RenList classifieds ($125).

I recommend a cup pipe and intake mod - you will get a seat-of-the-pants increase in power and a great sound. The cup pipe replaces the secondary exhaust and will reduce about 15-20 pounds of weight.
Dustin,
Thanks for the info. I will look again on Ebay to see if I can find some exhaust components, there hasn't been to much on Ebay lately.Worst comes to worst I have to buy new.
P.S. I love that color of your car...Very Unique....
Andy
Old 12-08-2006, 04:06 PM
DustinTarditi
Instructor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW - primary bypass... I kept searching ebay for "964 cup pipe" and "964 bypass" and such

I'm not sure how loud it would be to run just the secondary and have the primary bypassed - I thought the majority of the muffling came from the primary muffler and the secondary was there to placate noise ordinances at the time of production

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Oracle
Pro

Cobra,
Do yourself a huge favour and read this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/289100-dansk-primary-secondary-bypass-group-buy-interest.html

Bye
-Jasper

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Question