Sponsored by:

Brey Krause and Safecraft fire extinguisher install---LOTS oF PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Jeremy Pinsly
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brey Krause and Safecraft fire extinguisher install---LOTS oF PICS

Just installed a 2.5 lb Safecraft Halon fire extinguisher using a quick release Brey Krause mount. Installation was easy and it looks mighty good if I may say so myself. The FE is aluminum, powder coated black, with a billet aluminum head. The release mechanism is awesome and well constructed, simple one hand release.

The mount is bolted under the seat rail and does not move with the seat. I have an adapter plate attached to the mount to push the FE about 2.5" further forward since my seat position is close to the front of the rail (I'm 5' 7" tall).

Without further ado, enjoy the pics.
Attached Images            
Old 11-27-2006, 07:38 PM
hjcarlin72
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job! I had one installed in the same place and had to extend it also so I could move the seat close enough for drivin. 5'11" but short legs. I had trouble reaching the seat slider release on the outside of the seat rail in my car. No problems with yours? I have since gone to a DAS rollbar and have the extinguisher atached to the roll bar. I have the Brey Krause mount like yours if anyone is interested in a deal. I have the same car 1990 C2 Guards Red but black interior. Can't beat Guards Red!!!

JimC.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

why would you mount it to the drivers seat and not the passenger seat?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Jeremy Pinsly
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted it to the drivers seat for several reasons:

1. quicker access if I really do need it
2. passengers aren't as careful getting in and out as I am
Old 11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

ok.......i guess that makes sense but it just seems like it would be in the way.......I usually dont have passengers so I put it on their side..........
Old 11-01-2015, 10:55 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Reviving this 2006 thread to show my recent installation of a 2.5 lb Safecraft fire extinguisher in my 964.

I used a new Brey Krause universal mount (R-9540) - http://www.bkauto.com/R_9540_Fire_Ex...t_p/r-9540.htm on the passenger seat, acquired for less than half price on ebay. The fire extinguisher is a Safecraft PB2 https://www.safecraft.com/products/i...roducts_id=235 I found second hand on one of the Porsche forums. Total outlay for the fire extinguisher plus mount: $200.

What I liked best about the way it's mounted now - I have it flush against the center console wall so that the unit clears the seat rail lever; the seat position is still easily adjusted. First photo is with the seat pushed back to show the installation; second photo shows the seat in the normal position.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Brey Krause and Safecraft fire extinguisher install---LOTS oF PICS