Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where should I buy my new suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 PM
mada1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should I buy my new suspension?

Where should I get my HR/Bilstein setup from? It is for a 1990, I remember reading that somtimes some places send the wrong parts for the earlier years. Is there a go to place/salesman that will help insure a pleasant experience? It would be good to be able to talk to a knowledgeable salesperson and make sure I am getting ALL the appropriate parts. I read the post on the PORSCHE964UK board and was planning on tackling it myself (well my brother offered to help too..and he's an engineer!)
I plan on going green HR..will it be too soft for everyday use, should I go red?
Thanks

Last edited by mada1; 11-29-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:11 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by mada1
Where should I get my HR/Bilstein setup from?
Enough legwork has been performed by non-vendors here on the 964 forum that I have no problem suggesting you find the cheapest possible supplier and going from there. The most inexpensive source just happens to be a Rennlist sponsor so I guess it works out for everyone.

Is there a go to place/salesman that will help insure a pleasant experience?
Not really, most have zero experience with the 964 and just regurgitate marketing material put out by the manufacturers or from a book all the while charging you nearly double the MSRP.

It would be good to be able to talk to a knowledgeable salesperson
There was one going by the name of viperbob on Rennlist but he appears to be taking a break?

and make sure I am getting ALL the appropriate parts.
Good luck with that. Bilstein has been having some quality control problems so you need to make sure you give your vendor the exact part numbers and ask them to check the items before shipping. The only problem is that most rely on drop-shipping from Worldpac or the manufacturer and never actually see your merchandise themselves.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to talk to Dan Jacobs of the Hairy Dog Grrrage in Connecticut. He does more 964s than anyone else I know of. Just Google "Hairy Dog Grrrage".
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: Where should I buy my new suspension?