Old 10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
jjbunn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fascinating Ebay 964 wreck

Has anyone seen this sorry specimen:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:B:EF:US:11

It looks like somebody took to it with a sledgehammer. The description says

"I owned car for six years, car was involved in a accident while been transported on a rollback car fell of truck."

I think I would have been in tears if it was mine. Does the description mean a) the car was in an accident, and then b) while it was being transported from the accident, it fell off the truck? The amazing thing is that the bidding is up to $6000 so far.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

??? It looks like it was a "3 Swings Of The Sledgehammer For $1" car at the fair.

That can't be the result of just one incident? It's a mess inside and out.

I like the offer of land. I think I'll offer him some Beanie Babies.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may know this shop...might go for a visit.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

With a 60% feedback rating I would assume that everything this person says is incorrect to say the least. There must be a deeper story here... I would imagine the car is still worth $8k+ for engine and parts that haven't been trashed... If there are any! Yikes!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:23 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a twister took it up for a ride before it tossed back to the ground.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

I like, "Car good for parts or repair."
Old 10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
tinman944
Addict
Rennlist Member

he just said it fell off the truck he never said why it was on the truck in the first place....It may have been wrecked already..LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Bates
Racer

Talked with Jose, the owner, today.

He owns a tow shop which is going out of business (just lost their biggest cust...80% of their business, 18 tow trucks up for sale on Ebay soon).

Car was owned by an attorney 5-6 yrs ago. He had the car sent in for an oil change and tire rotation. Jose's company transported it...part way. Owner was paid $25,700 (5-6 yrs ago) and Jose was offered right-of-first-refusal to purchase the car. Jose bought car for $6,900. He purchased a tub from a '92 turbo to build up with said banged up car, but never got around to it.

So, car does run(!), is not straight and is for sale. Ebay buyer fell through. You may contact Jose at (216) 671-1712. He has all of the ins. documents and title. He also owns a 1985 911, thus his interest in repairing this car.

Not a hoax, just an odd story.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:29 PM
jjbunn
Racer

Originally Posted by Bates
Talked with Jose, the owner, today.

Not a hoax, just an odd story.
So it fell off the tow truck during a trip to have the oil changed and tires rotated? That must have been a horrible sound, as it hit the ground! I wonder why it needed to be transported to have an oil change?

The aspect of the ad which struck me wasn't that it was a hoax or anything like that, but more what a huge amount of damage the fall from the tow truck seemed to have done. If it rolled off the back, would there be this amount of damage? If it fell off the side (how?) then it would not be the rear end that would be so damaged.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It does seems odd, even falling off a flatbed at a high rate of speed. Maybe more happened to it after it hit the ground, before it came to rest.

Can you imagine being the owner and getting the call about this happening???
Old 10-27-2006, 02:06 PM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
Can you imagine being the owner and getting the call about this happening???
I used to have a unit on a small industrial eastate where the next unit was a tuner. The number of cars his mechanics totalled was unreal! The worst was a Lister Jaguar which also took out 3 other cars when he lost control! Now that really would have been a phone call! Another god one was when they had 2 Aston Martin's in on the same day and the same colour. One was for a service, the other was for a replacement hose to the rad. The "manager" took the wrong one for a test drive and, due to a failed sensor, didn't know he had taken the wrong car until he got back. I never did hear the end of the story but I was told the engine glowed very red

Quick Reply: Fascinating Ebay 964 wreck