Pics from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:12 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Pics from Germany

Hey all.

I am in Germany this week. I was in Heidelberg this afternoon and look at this little group that I saw drive by.

Are any of these Rennlisters?

I will be visiting the Porsche Factory in Zuffenhausen on Monday Morning.
I will post some pics later in the week.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool...

Looking forward to the pics of the tour. I hear it is excellent.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:47 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 92964cab
Very cool...

Looking forward to the pics of the tour. I hear it is excellent.
You can't take pics on the tour (some law about photographing workers without their permission, they claim), but enjoy it nonetheless. We were there last year and it is a lot of fun!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,763 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by ducnine
Hey all.

I am in Germany this week. I was in Heidelberg this afternoon and look at this little group that I saw drive by.

Are any of these Rennlisters?

I will be visiting the Porsche Factory in Zuffenhausen on Monday Morning.
I will post some pics later in the week.
Nice! I was also in Heidelberg a couple weeks ago, but I saw 10 987 hard tops at a rest-stop while driving the Schwarzwald route:
Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,763 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Also, the new P-museum is not finished, so I settled for the existing one. It is very small and quaint. As long as you're there in Stuttgart, make sure to go and see the Mercedes-Benz museum - it was just finished in May 2006 and is really breathtaking...
Old 10-23-2006, 09:31 AM
MG
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heidelberg ?

I'm from Heidelberg (at least a small village very close)....

I thought, this is an international forum...

But no, I don't know any of these 911, nor 'Heidelbergers', they are from Bavaria (N = Nuremberg, FO = Forchheim, Heidelberg would be 'HD'). Mine would look like a mixture of the last two, i.e. a red Targa.

Some 'Heidelbergers' are in a German board, so we know each other and meet from time to time. Just last Thursday close to Heidelberg, and some of the group (without me) met yesterday in Schwetzingen for a hp-measurement.

I should read more carefully here, would have been nice to meet....

And take care not to miss the 'Mercedes Museum'. If you are again (or still) in the are, you could visit the Technikmuseum Sinsheim, really worth for technic enthusiasts (only a small fraction 'Porsche' but nowhere in the world is a Concord next to the sister-Tupolew), or the 'Landesmuseum for Technik' in Mannheim with the original old Carrera 1 production line from Zuffenhausen, and so on....

Greetings

Markus
Old 10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

The Mercedes museum is really well done. Lots of history there. Really interesting company.

Yeah the Porsche museum is real small and they are making the new one. I hope it will be nice. Its interesting to see the contrast of where Porsche is located and where Mercedes is located. Porsche is in a very industrial area. MErcedes is near the soccer stadium, nicer area.

Oh, when we were preparing for the tour, (we had to lock up our cameras), I noticed them loading up a bright Green GT3 and Orange GT3 into a truck. Wished I had my camera to take a pic.

There was about twenty Turbos just sitting in the lot waiting to be shipped out too. It was great to see the engine lines and the assembly area. I wish we could have seen the body shop to see the cars welded together as well as the interior trim shop.

Maybe when I order the next Porsche Supercar, I can get a tour of the whole plant.

Attached is collage of Porsche in Stuttgart for those that have not been.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Pics from Germany