Sponsored by:

My baby boy loves porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Mike Lowry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My baby boy loves porsche

Our son Casey is 18 months old, he is saying "Porsche",Daddy's porsche.He always wants to go for rides,sometimes cry's if not.This morning I took the car to work.I leave at 7:00 am and my wife always complains because i wake the baby up!She said as soon As I started the car,Casey woke up and said "daddy's porsche".She heard all of this on the baby monitor,I need to record that.Sorry to post this but i think its funny!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Boston Blazer
HaHa
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great! My 19 month old says car and then "vroom, vroom, vroom" mimicking the sweet sound he hears in the Porsche when he sits in the back. He always gets out of our Pilot and heads straight for the Porsche and tries to get in. These kids are spoiled! I wish I had been so lucky when I was a baby...
Pat
Old 10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I changed from a K&N filter to the OEM paper filter a couple of weeks ago. I think the sound is different, but then again, I could be imagining it. Any way, my five year old gets in the car last week and before I can get out of the driveway he tells me he thinks the car sounds different. Wants to know what I did! He also told me a couple of months ago that he loved the way my car smells. I wanted to cry. Of course I love him, he's my son, but to tell me he loves the smell and the way it sounds (a separate quote) is just amazing. He gets it. Half the people I know don't get and I've let them drive the thing. Kids are great.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:44 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

I just got my 964 a few weeks ago and I managed to get a car seat in the back. The wife and my 18 month old son went for a ride last night after I fitted a G-pipe on it.

It was great. This is one of the reasons I got a 911 (back seats) to share the driving joy with my family.

Do you guys have any pointers on getting that car seat to stay in snug? I pulled the reel of seat belt out, clicked it through the car seat and let the reel go back so that the reel kinda locks. It was almost snug for a bit but I not sure I would take a long trip inthe car without nowing it was firmly secured.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

I bought a pair of Touriva seats from Target for ~$40 based on a tip I found here. They fit nicely. I then bought a pair of lap belts at seatbeltpros.com. I got the extra long strap on the female side and then shortened the male side down real low. The female buckle goes through the seat back and buckles on the other side. Then I add a Mighty Tight on the female belt and sinch 'em down. Works nicely. Even the wife is happy! And she's a real stickler for belts and seats and such.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny, same kind of story over here. Our 3 YO is obsessed with Porsche... can't read but recognizes the badge and Porsche letters.
The other night when he said something pcar related, my wife said, "poor kid"... then she realized who the real victim will be and said "poor kid's future wife"...

My thinking on buying this car was the same as you guys have listed. 4 seater if 2 of the seats belong to kids. I just spent a lot of time getting rear seats IN the car after removing the rear seat delete a while back. Also put in 3 point belts (cab) to be ready for the years to come. I also use the mighty-tite tensioner thing. It works excellent. Available on Amazon.com. (no affiliation)
Kids ARE great.... funny, I have had very similar moments to yours dfinnegan. My son loves the car... maybe more than I do.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Bates
Racer

Ditto, Dfinnegan-all the way.

I bought my 11-month old, Carter, the little Porsche Police car. He crawls & pushes it all over the house. He broke both tires from their wheels, twice! (I glued both with Gorilla glue...toughest glue on the planet...not tough enough!).

Great stories guys.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Bates
Racer

I was at a Graco carseat manufacturing plant today and saw a 25 mph test crash...holy crap that is violent. It looked like it was 50 mph!

We all want our kids to ride in the cars our wives didn't want, but knew would make us happy. Please be sure your kid's seats are nice and tight (me included!).
Old 10-02-2006, 11:42 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had some friends over yesterday and they have a 4 yr old. his dad and i took a ride in the car, but before we did, I put Seth in the front seat and pulled the seat all the way up so he could get to the steering wheel. He just giggled a whole bunch and thought that was cool. When the car was in the garage, he said "cool car!" He's getting started on the right foot!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:55 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bates
We all want our kids to ride in the cars our wives didn't want, but knew would make us happy. Please be sure your kid's seats are nice and tight (me included!).
As painful as it was getting those seats to fit tight and right I knew she was right all along and was glad she was there to push me to do the right thing.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:03 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My baby girl goes into the garage and see's my car under a car cover and say's "porcha sweep'ng"

...or when the car was in the shop, she goes into the empty garage and says, "Daddy, where porcha go?"

kids say the darndest things.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:32 AM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Where does that Mighty Tite thing go? Do you have three point belts or lap belts.

With the seat in the back you can barely get your hand between the seat and the inside lining of the car.

Can you post a pic of this in the car?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Here are a few pics of my setup. I've added a lap belt to the existing 3-point belt. If anyone does sit in the back there is still a 3-point harness for them to use.

I've installed a 17" belt on the female in-side of the car and push that all the way through the child seat belt slot. The male belt is then sinched very close but a little bit loose so that I can easily buckle the belt on the outside of the car. I then add the mighty tight back on the in-side of the car where there is plenty of room to work the lever to tighten things down.

I found that the one real problem I had with the existing 3-point belt system is that the buckle on the in-side of the car was too tall and I could not get it tight. This new lapbelt system works great.

Note that I have not yet installed the top tether anchor. I purchased the anchor parts from Ford and the plastic cover from Porsche. My car has a blue rear deck and the plastic insert parts are black. The seats are quite secure w/o the anchor so I will probably not install the anchor.

Again, I have Touriva child seats which I purchased from Target (no affiliation; unfortunately!)
Attached Images      
Old 10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Where did you get the belts and MightTight from?

While my setup seems pretty tight, my 3 yo keeps pushing the red button to undo the seatbelt.

Marc
Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

I got the belts from seatbeltpro.com (no affil.), and the mighty-tite (tight?), probably from toys-r-us or kids-r-us or target, I don't recall. These are pretty common. Looks like Amazon have it for $17 US (again, no affil.)

The belts were cheap. Like, maybe, $17 US each. They have a wide range of colors. I got the blue becuase I wanted to see how it would look with the blue accents in my car. I may change out all the belts to this color some day.

Quick Reply: My baby boy loves porsche