Sponsored by:

WTF? I hate squirrels.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:49 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Some of the really mean car security systems shock anybody that touches them. The one I ran across had a motion detector system that activated a loud speaker with a warning to stay clear. Squirrels like electrical shock about as much as we do. One zap will keep one away for the rest of its life. Sorry, I don't have any leads on where to find such a system The one I saw belonged to a drug dealer, and may not have been legal.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a South African system that shot multiple 4-ft. jets of propane-fed flame out from under the car when it was touched. Maybe you just could get one of those?
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

Originally Posted by robbed666
This is GREAT !!! Quite entertaining and a great public service.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:08 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get an electrical cord, plug in to GFCI protected circuit, stip other end, take one wire and lay in under a wet sponge, make a small shelf above the sponge, place bird seed and the other wire. When the bastard wets its feet...and gets up on two feet (now all feet wet) he will complete the circuit when he holds himself perched the the small shelf......and Wala' problem solved. Do all this over a panel of wood to protect car.

"dirty deeds, done dirt cheap"
Old 08-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

"shot multiple 4-ft. jets of propane-fed flame"
Barbecued miniature schnauzer , my favorite . So tasty .
Old 08-20-2006, 03:45 PM
robbed666
Racer

Originally Posted by Indycam
"shot multiple 4-ft. jets of propane-fed flame"
Barbecued miniature schnauzer , my favorite . So tasty .
Bet you can't eat a whole one !!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

I bet ya can't eat just one !
Old 08-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

It takes several to make a meal. But it's open season all year!
Old 08-20-2006, 05:24 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My Gramps was cool , he put food on the outside of the kitchen window sills for the squirrels . He gave them his old clothes for nesting . Lived with them , took care of them , liked them . Did the same for the chickadees , deers , hummingbirds , quail , skunks , ducks etc .

I do not understand why some people spend big bucks on the care , feeding and houseing of horses , dogs , cats , fishes in tanks , birds in cages and then treat the native animals like dirt .
My great grandfather use to feed them also then in the spring we would have squirrel stew
Old 08-20-2006, 11:17 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not understand why some people spend big bucks on the care , feeding and houseing of horses , dogs , cats , fishes in tanks , birds in cages and then treat the native animals like dirt .
I try to make it a rule not to shoot anything I don't want to eat. Tried that once with a 'possum and, honestly, if I'd had the power within to bring that poor critter back to life at the supper table, I would have. Now I just pick 'em up live by the tail and haul 'em down to the neighbors.

Noah
Old 08-21-2006, 01:53 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Mmmm, squirrel fondu!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:02 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BBQ squirrel > chewed car cover!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:19 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel your pain. I had the same problem and bought a nylon cover instead of cloth and had no problems since,.......although a garage for the last six months helps also.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=squirrels
Old 08-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by DarrylH
That squirrel's building a nest, needs the fibres to line it and make it cozy for more little squirrels. They'll strip wire for the insulation, shred fabric, you name it, to get nice soft stuff. You might be able to discourage the squirrel with chili pepper - not the flakes, the ground kind - sprinkled on the cover.
Not a good idea. One gust of wind while you're removing the cover and you're in a world of hurt.

Indycam you're so right about the treatment of wild animals. But we all kill rats, roaches and ants when they invade our houses. And they just keep coming back.

Euroimagination, my suggestion is a nylon cover as others have suggested.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

This is just about the only reliable way to get rid of your problem. I hate those fuzzy little bastards! They have chewed my hot tub cover, grill cover, my low voltage lighting cables, (Unfortunately the lights were off!)... They have chewed on every bird feeder I have. I have "relocated" over 30 to the park about 2 miles away. It's a little time consuming but you don't have to worry about the bodies that way!

I used to practice with my blow gun in my old neighborhood but my neighbors are a little closer here!

Try this!

Try setting the trap and then throwing in a few peanuts. You'll get them every time. I have gotten rid of all the squirrels in my part of the neighborhood. I rarely see them any more. When I do... It's usually several doors down. I do this at the start of every year and a few times afterward to thin the herd.

Quick Reply: WTF? I hate squirrels.