Sponsored by:

Testing a LWF stalling solution

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
WhiteRSA
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason,

Thanks you !! Received the chip today in the mail and with a little help from a friend should have it installed soon. I will send you the feed back once I have it on the road. Thanks again.

Fred
Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 PM
WhiteRSA
Cruisin'

Jason,
Thank you again!!!!!! I just finished my test drive with your new chip. With the step by step instructions you sent me I was able to do it without my friends help. By the time I finished the install and got the car back together it was close to 7:30 this evening. The sun was going down and the outside temp had cooled to the middle 80's. (Our high today was about 94.) The car did a little hunting on idle until it had run for about 4 to 5 minutes, then it settled down to around 800. I drove around our highway loop and on to the Interstate to let the motor reach operating temperture. Then I turned on the air. At first I turned it only up to the number "2" setting, and went on and off the Interstate so the rpm would go through the full range and experienced no stalling. I went back up to speed on the Interstate and moved the setting to "4" and again on and off the Interstate making the full rpm range with no stalling. I came back home through town to test the air in traffic and left the setting on full blast. Never once did it act like it was going to stall.

It is wonderful to have an air conditioner in my RS America and not have to baby it along. You have hit a homerun with this chip. Tomorow the temp is forcast in the 90's again and I look forward to driving it around town. If I can help you in any way let me know.

Fred
Old 05-12-2008, 06:19 PM
PCar SBA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Digging up an old thread:

By conincidence I found that the code version of the 911.xxx.xxx.xx DME has what appears to be a different idle ignition map. This is why it idles much better with the ligth flywheel. Apparently, it raised timing once the RPM undershoot thus preventing the stalling.

Sort of makes sense since the '89 model cars this box came with did not have the heavy dual-mass flywheel yet.

Cheers,
Ingo
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM
nekbet
Instructor

So I was digging around for some paperwork on my C4 (to get Goodyear to refund the F1 All Season tires....that make the car sound like a truck inside) - I found two copies of the chips that Jason offered a while back....

This is the one that Fred has as well, and will cure the LWF stalling issue (most of us had it with AC on, but some engines would just stall randomly when coming off higher RPM). If anyone is in need of one, (hopefully they're tracking this thread), let me know and I can send it out.

Regards,

Mike
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by nekbet
So I was digging around for some paperwork on my C4 (to get Goodyear to refund the F1 All Season tires....that make the car sound like a truck inside) - I found two copies of the chips that Jason offered a while back....

This is the one that Fred has as well, and will cure the LWF stalling issue (most of us had it with AC on, but some engines would just stall randomly when coming off higher RPM). If anyone is in need of one, (hopefully they're tracking this thread), let me know and I can send it out.

Regards,

Mike
Mike,

I would like to take it off your hands. I don't have a LFW but wanted to go that route next time I had replaced the clutch.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:10 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys,

I have the LWF and experince ABSOLUTLY NO staling issue, I have a different ECU, the ECU control the idlee speed when AC is on, even half a sleep it doesn't stall, even with high heels it does stall, it was terrible when I first got the car, and then it was very well fixe when they pluged the AC to the ECU to control the idle speed, in fact it works better with air con on, when the weather is very hot I mean the idle is better, before that I use to have a Cartronic chip with the original Bosch ECU wicth was quite good once the engine was hot,

Konstantin C4
Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to have one if still available. Mine stalls sometimes with the ac on.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
nekbet
Instructor

Jaime and Colin - PM your address and I'll send them out this week.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Testing a LWF stalling solution