Sponsored by:

Testing a LWF stalling solution

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:36 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm still looking for someone with a MY89-90, stock engine, LWF, AC and a pronounced stalling problem or someone that can cause a, "stall on command."

thanks!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason... Mine is pretty much stock... Just rebuilt by Andial Racing. There is an Andial chip in there but that is what would be replaced, yes? I'll go through the receipts again to make sure. As I told you... The receipts are fairly cryptic... I can either call them to find out exact info or look it up online.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

hummm... would be nice to finally have a working fix for this. I would love to go with a light weight flywheel setup... sweet!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:57 PM
nekbet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
I'm still looking for someone with a MY89-90, stock engine, LWF, AC and a pronounced stalling problem or someone that can cause a, "stall on command."

thanks!
Jason,

Bringing back a thread from the past.... My 90 C4 is that car - are you still looking?
I just recharged the AC and have been driving it - near 100% stall if I push the clutch in over 1500rpm or so with the AC on. Sometimes I can get it to stall with headlights/fogs/AC blasting/radio on even when babying it.

Cheers,

Mike
1990 964 C4 Targa
Old 06-25-2007, 03:16 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

All I ask is that you support Rennlist with a paid membership, after that send me your mailing address and I will send you a chip.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 PM
nekbet
Instructor

Jason,
Just renewed my subscription (I was a PorscheLister back in the day! blast from the past, eh?) for 2 years. I've been meaning to do that since I got back into the P-car world almost 2 years ago... whew..

Anyhow, any help you could provide on the LWFW issue would be great. I'm out of town most of the week and can rarely drive my car, so if you need a donor chip or such to test let me know!

-Mike
1990 964 C4 Targa
Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Just PM me with your mailing address.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
WhiteRSA
Cruisin'

Jason, e-mailed you a while back and maybe my information was not in the data base. I have now received my card from rennlist and my member number is 070731-7065. My car is a 1993 RSA with lightweight flywheel. It has air is not a problem until I turn on the air, then it stalls very easly. If you blip the gas on a town shift to keep the rpm up you can keep it from stalling most of the time, but not always. I live in west Texas and it does get hot so the air is a must.

My mailing address is: Fred Stubbs
2307 Hermitage Court
Midland, Texas 79705

Any help you can give would be nice.
Thanks
Fred Stubbs
1993 RSA
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred, welcome to rennlist. Its great to have another white RSA in Texas! I'm in Denton. I also suffer from the LWF stalling issues.

Look forward to seeing an introductory post from you with photos! Do you DE? MSR Cresson is not too far from you.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 PM
CraigC
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fred, Im posting 2 pics I have of your car at one of the recent autocrosses.
Attached Images   
Old 08-25-2007, 12:22 AM
WhiteRSA
Cruisin'

Craig,
Thanks for the pictures of me and my car. I am not able to do much of the computer stuff so I need all the help I can get.
Greg, I look forward to meeting you at one of the Maverick events. Sometimes I am able to go to them. If I find a fix before you I'll pass it on and if you do first please let me know.
Fred
Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

It would be interesting to see what effect the combinations of mods have on the stalling issues with LWF's. My 93 rsa has stalling issues when the ac is on, made worse when the cat bypass is on, horrible with the ox sensor disconnected. Cars I know with the LWF and cup bypass (instead of my b&b muffler) don't seem to be as bad. I also have the MAF hotwire. I've also found that the throttle position switch on the RSA is different than the C2 of the same year (due to replacing the throttle body on one of the cars) I so I wonder what if the idle profile is different. It is really hit or miss. Let me know if you find a solution, I've tried most and would love to find one...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:38 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WhiteRSA
Jason, e-mailed you a while back and maybe my information was not in the data base.
The replacement eprom chips I ordered are no longer showing on back-order but they also aren't here yet either. As soon as they arrive I will send them out on the next day.

Originally Posted by J Richard
I also have the MAF hotwire.
If that is the case I wouldn't use anyone's replacement chip unless it was based on the chip that came with your MAF.

Originally Posted by J Richard
I've also found that the throttle position switch on the RSA is different than the C2 of the same year (due to replacing the throttle body on one of the cars) I so I wonder what if the idle profile is different.
The only difference should be the mods required for cruise control on the C2.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Jason,

I've had two chips made by Autothority specifically to address the stalling issue, with the hotwire MAF, both ran a bit different as far as CO during emissions, but both still had the stalling problem. I'm just wondering if a change in backpressure has any effect in the stalling issue. I did notice it is more pronounced the more free flowing the intake and exhausts are, ie; does the reduced backpressure let the motor rev up/down faster and therefore it makes it even harder for the dme to keep up with idle stablization. Ive run the full range from stock, gpipe, cup bypass, b&b, with and without cat bypass, and full cat/cup/gpipe bypasses (that woke up the neighborhood!...)

Any additional load; AC, high alternator load (lights, defrost) during decell, seems to augment the problem.

hope you find a solution.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason,
I have a 90 C2 with LWF and 911.618.124.02 DME.
I have recently changed back to all stock and even using stock chip.
I can induce stall with a/c on if I push clutch in over 1500 rpm. I usually don't get a stall if I push in clutch at less than 1100 rpm.
I can test out a chip if you still need someone.
PM me and I can send my address.

Thanks for the effort,
Colin

Quick Reply: Testing a LWF stalling solution