90 964
84 3.2
Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CHASE
Richard, you are not alone in the picture uploading problem. I still have an avatar from last winter because its a pain to resize a picture and I refrain from posting pics because of this problem also. I must be hopeless as well !
ps. Davek - keep your avatar, I actually enjoyed your past more provacative ones
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
If you have Windows XP go to this site and towards the bottom on the right side is "Image resizer" download then all you need to do is right click on a picture and follow directions. Takes seconds to resize. To make a Avitar use custom size and make it what ever the limits on here are.
To up load a picture go to Advance then scroll down to manage atachments and follow directions. Small setting on resizer works good for uploads..
Good luck
Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 PM
CHASE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim. I will give it a try. Back on topic I think the Horizan blue looks great. I am Amazon green and its ok to be different !
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
CHASE
Instructor

I did it !!!! (thanks to Jim) This is not Horizan blue but its not black either !!
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2006, 12:10 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chase, that's a unique combination as well, and and older car. What is it?

Seems like Jay is off to tee-ing people of again. Darn non-member's that have no etiquette.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Chad T
Instructor

Originally Posted by McJohn
It's not just the ride, it's also the handling. If you live somewhere where all your roads are race track smooth, by all means go for bigger wheels, but if you live in the real world where the roads are full of lumps, bumps and ridges, the car feels more stable and less twitchy on the 16"s.

I actually removed my 17"s and replaced them with 16"s for this very reason. If the car is lowered, the 16"s look OK too.

McJohn
McJohn,

Don't forget the looks. Nothing can match the delicate elegance of 16" Cup 1s. I thought I would want different wheels but I can't find anything that would look better and be lighter. BTW I do like the Horizon blue. I got real lucky as far as color goes.

Chad

Old 08-03-2006, 01:47 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad T
McJohn,

Don't forget the looks. Nothing can match the delicate elegance of 16" Cup 1s. I thought I would want different wheels but I can't find anything that would look better and be lighter. BTW I do like the Horizon blue. I got real lucky as far as color goes.

Chad

Nice color Chad!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Michael Gibney
Racer

Hi Spence 88,

If you do buy the car you will own a great colour and will have lot's to be proud of, you will not stop smiling and everyone will ask you questions wherever you go.

And if you want to go to 17's and want to sell the 16's please give me a call bacause I do some long haul trips in my C4 and would love some wheels that are more suitable to outback roads than 17's.

My C4 is midnight Blue and although it looks great when it's "clean n shiny" it looks sad as soon as it gets dirty, if I had my choice over again it would be a lighter colour.

Finally, when you earn a Porsche you will meet a few Icy's, they have their reasons and it's best to just not ask and keep smilin because as said you will have plenty to smile about.

Regards,

Michael Gibney
Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

Thanks again for the feedback guys, and to jay, chase and chad for the images.

I went and had a look, as much as I love the enthusiasm, it just didn't do it for me. I've waited so long for one I dont want to settle for something just cause it's available then kick myself everytime I see one in the colours I really want. Although Mr Curtis's car does look very nice with the cups. If the interior was black, it had the later plastic intake manifold engine, cup 1s and dare I say a little cleaner I would be seriously considering though.

Anyway, back to the hunt.....

DAMN chad, that is a killer colour combo!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 AM
CHASE
Instructor

Chase, that's a unique combination as well, and and older car. What is it?
Hawk, that would be gulf blue and orange just like the 917's wore to victory at LeMan's. I took this picture last summer at Porsche parade in Hershey, Pa. If the owner is on rennlist ----- great car
Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Can't I go away over one night without someone causing trouble?

Marc
Old 08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
robbed666
Racer

It appears not
Old 08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Actually - I think we handled it in a very mature fashion - even though we apparently all have horribly coloured cars and ugly girlfriends.

Who needs a moderator eh?
Old 08-03-2006, 05:34 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default !

its a pretty color, but my advice will be go dark.
i believe 964s look their best in dark colors. i presonally love black, but i have considered dark blue.
just wait untill you find the one. (black black black)
Old 08-03-2006, 05:43 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Heirsch,
I like the light blue metallic. It's quite unusual and classic. will probably become more popular again. now Porsche are going all nostalgic (eg. blut orange).

What did you mean about the 2-tone. Its quite usual for the classic grey interiors to have black trim.
Very similar to mine, but grey s/wheel. Here's a link: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...3&page=1&pp=15

Quick Reply: Can this C2 colour look any good?