Sponsored by:

Can this C2 colour look any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 AM
Michael Gibney
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Helloo Spence 88,

Did you look at the Blue car? I see it is still advertised at $59k.

If you did look at it - any comments - because it may be ok for me - I like the colour combo and my midnight blue 964 C$ is up in k's so time to move on.

As said, be good to hear your coments,

Regards, Michael Gibney
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by spence88mph
I've been looking for C2 for ever, this one comes along but the colour/interior/wheel combo all look a little nasty, thoughts? maybe some cups and clear indicators may help?

Just put clear side markers and change to 17" wheels

The rest is very nice !
Old 06-01-2007, 04:36 AM
JohnMetro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I "settled" for a white car when I bought mine. I wanted dark gray or black. Never would have bought ANY white car in a million years. The rest of the car was hard to go past, 3 original owners, impeccable service history etc etc.

Now that I have owned for a few months, I LOVE white, it suits the "classic" status, suits the shape and always looks clean (see other threads about what a pain black is to keep clean - though I would "live" with that if I had to )

Now, all sorts of white cars appeal. Looking to replace the Lexus RX330 family wagon, and am considering an ex-demo 5 series BMW Touring or maybe Audi A6 Avant... and would be happy with white if it was a good price. (Always looks good to have color matching "equipment" in the garage!)

I also notice the trend in all the cars tested in motor mags are white, not just Porsches. Car (UK) mag has tested Audi S5, BMW's, Lambo's etc, all in white - but I have ever only seen ONE white Ferrari - I think custom painted and used for hire as a wedding car).

I now consider myself more open minded and educated about colour, I'm not so biased. Get the best car you can find, don't worry about the colour, some people will think you look cool, others will hate. No colour appeals to everyone equally.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:48 PM
jjbunn
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnMetro
...Get the best car you can find, don't worry about the colour, some people will think you look cool, others will hate. No colour appeals to everyone equally.
Wise words indeed! I wouldn't have chosen red, given a straight choice, but it has really grown on me, despite the fact that Streather refers to it as "Arrest Me Red"
Old 06-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Oracle
Pro

Originally Posted by spence88mph
I've been looking for C2 for ever, this one comes along but the colour/interior/wheel combo all look a little nasty, thoughts? maybe some cups and clear indicators may help?

Wow! I love that colour!!

Try it with some Fikse wheels (high-shine kind but not chrome) and low profile wheels also some suspension work (lower the car), clear parking lights, and wow! You got a classic 911 with a modern look!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
BongoBradley
Advanced

I thought DaveK's avatar girlfriend was the singer from evanescence... good for you mate if not!

Quick Reply: Can this C2 colour look any good?