Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can this C2 colour look any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

While we're talking about odd colors, I always thought to myself that I would never, ever own a brown 911 (or any other brown car). That color was just below black for me (and black was only last on the list just due to having to keep those cars clean - I do like a clean black car though!).

Well, I have a brown 911 now.

I too bought the car and not necessarily the color, and have grown quite fond of my poop brown 911 with it's tan and brown interior. It's a custom color too, so I'll probably never see another one like it. That's worth just a bit to me...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
icycold
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Jay ... I was being polite when I saw your brown porsche, by not saying anything.

Recently, I have received alot of private messages from rennlist members about my negative attitude. I have decided to accept this criticism and use my post to suggest a positive uplifting solution:

Drive your stinky toned porsche off a cliff with DaveK's dream girl. Hopefully you will get a great insurance payout while Dave enjoys freedom from his clean-shaved orangutan.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Icy,

Thanks for your kind words!

Jay
Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

My dad's 73 was brown. I never liked the color, but I loved the car. I think i spent more time balancing the zenith carbs (eventually I did figure it out!) than actually driving it, but I was hooked regardless.

My current car is white. Not one of my first choices, but for sentimental reasons I purchased it anyway. Sometimes I think i could have done better. Other times I am thankful that it was taken pretty good care of.

If its right, other than the outside color, and you can live with it dont just pass it up. The inside is much easier to change. The outside isnt impossible either, but certainly wouldnt be cheap.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 PM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Richard could you post a pic of your horizon blue Porsche?

I had a brown matchbox 930 Jay, I like brown, yours looks sweet.

thanks for all the responses guys.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Originally Posted by spence88mph
I had a brown matchbox 930 Jay, I like brown, yours looks sweet.
Thank you again spence!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:50 PM
robbed666
Racer

Default OT 'Troll Removal'

Originally Posted by icycold
Jay ... I was being polite when I saw your brown porsche, by not saying anything.

Recently, I have received alot of private messages from rennlist members about my negative attitude. I have decided to accept this criticism and use my post to suggest a positive uplifting solution:

Drive your stinky toned porsche off a cliff with DaveK's dream girl. Hopefully you will get a great insurance payout while Dave enjoys freedom from his clean-shaved orangutan.
Marc:- Please remove 'Troll'
Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
jdcampbell
8th Gear

Default What's wrong with grey

There's nothing wrong with the grey interior. Personally I hate black interiors with a passion, they're so opressive and they show the dirt at least as much. The lighter interior is a bonus, not a negative.

Don't be too hasty to ditch the 16" wheels either, sure 17" look better, but I have heard it said that the ride on the 16" is much better (I have 17" on mine). I guess it depends on whether looks are more important to you or the way the car drives.

Doug
Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 PM
McJohn
Racer

Originally Posted by jdcampbell

Don't be too hasty to ditch the 16" wheels either, sure 17" look better, but I have heard it said that the ride on the 16" is much better (I have 17" on mine). I guess it depends on whether looks are more important to you or the way the car drives.

Doug
It's not just the ride, it's also the handling. If you live somewhere where all your roads are race track smooth, by all means go for bigger wheels, but if you live in the real world where the roads are full of lumps, bumps and ridges, the car feels more stable and less twitchy on the 16"s.

I actually removed my 17"s and replaced them with 16"s for this very reason. If the car is lowered, the 16"s look OK too.

McJohn
Old 08-02-2006, 04:28 PM
DaveK
Race Car

I wouldn't of said anything about Davek's avitar if she had been lightly touched by the ugly stick, but she had been fully beaten with it... With dramatic results!!
Wow - usually I at least have to exhange some dialogue with people before they have such strong opinions. I must be getting better at pissing people off.

At the end of the day, everybody is entitled to their opinion - on car colours, and on whether my g/f is attractive. I think she's gorgeous - and I use her pic as an avatar because I like looking at it. If you don't - tough luck. I believe you can disable the avatar display if it offends you that much.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Boeing 717

Received 263 Likes on 158 Posts

Dave you HAVE a girlfriend AND a 911.... thats 2 things this guy wishes he had. He may be able to buy a 911 but he probably has to buy his dates too!!!!!

JERRY
Old 08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
... but he probably has to buy his dates too!!!!!
Yes, but there's something to be said for a firm, fixed price on a deliverable.

Maybe somebody didn't deliver, that's where his attitude came from.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

I'm looking at the car in an hour, I'll take some pics and post them.

The reason I dont know about the colour is I've longed for a black/black C2 but just can't find one, they're pretty rare over here. Everyting is different in Australia, a good 964 is $65K-$75K too ($50K-57K US)... yep much more expensive!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Richard Curtis
Rennlist Member

spence88mph: I've tried over and over to upload a photo of my Horizon Blue car but to no avail. It's either the most difficult thing to do on Rennlist, or else I'm utterly hopeless at following their directions. Here's the URL for the photo that I did upload (or at least I thought i did): http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/bluec2small_copy1.jpg... anyone out there any help?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 PM
CHASE
Instructor

Richard, you are not alone in the picture uploading problem. I still have an avatar from last winter because its a pain to resize a picture and I refrain from posting pics because of this problem also. I must be hopeless as well !
ps. Davek - keep your avatar, I actually enjoyed your past more provacative ones

Quick Reply: Can this C2 colour look any good?