Sponsored by:

Stuck on buying a servo for the 964

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck on buying a servo for the 964

I have rang Porsche Apart, Douglas Valley, Prestige Salvage and a number of other places and i cant find a right hand heater servo for love or money, so i rang porsche in exeter (local dealer) and they want a wopping £125.00.
And i want a pair of black sunvisors inc clips.

Is there a list of Porsche breakers here on the forum so i can track down one of these buggers? and a pair of sunvisors, better still does anyone break them here?

UK would be best please, lol, its a long way to the states.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:24 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Did you try fixing the servo. Mine malfunctioned and I found out that the two gears were not aligned in sync and one contact was not making contact to the copper track. Go to www.porsche964.co.uk and look into the tech section and then electrical. You'll find a step by step process. The manufactured cost of these servos are around $20 US or less so your qouted price is outrageous but that is what you will get from a dealer. Worse scenario, take the servo to any competent electronic tecky.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:10 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Ummmm, confession time.

I did try and repair it, and failed as the circuit board was nackered, so i got annoyed with it, unforunatly there isnt much of it left anymore, bloody thing pissed me right off, lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffnudd
Ummmm, confession time.

I did try and repair it, and failed as the circuit board was nackered, so i got annoyed with it, unforunatly there isnt much of it left anymore, bloody thing pissed me right off, lol.

Put down the hammer and step away from the servo!

Old 07-24-2006, 04:52 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Originally Posted by last toy
Did you try fixing the servo. Mine malfunctioned and I found out that the two gears were not aligned in sync and one contact was not making contact to the copper track. Go to www.porsche964.co.uk and look into the tech section and then electrical. You'll find a step by step process. The manufactured cost of these servos are around $20 US or less so your qouted price is outrageous but that is what you will get from a dealer. Worse scenario, take the servo to any competent electronic tecky.

I removed it one night just like the website intructions, then removed the back (carefully), and noticed the circuit board had a chunk missing, so i thought *?* i know i'll have a go at replacing the burnt bit, but 2 hours later and a **** load of solder later i was getting really really annoyed, then the damn thing fell off my tool box shelf, so that was the last straw.

They seem to fly quite well

So if anyone has one available give me a shout, dont forget the sunvisors :-)
Old 07-24-2006, 09:47 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Confession is good for the soul. better to take a hammer to a servo than something really expesive like an AC condensor or body part. maybe someone is piecing out a damaged car.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:31 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffnudd
I have rang Porsche Apart, Douglas Valley, Prestige Salvage and a number of other places and i cant find a right hand heater servo for love or money
The one problem with buying a used servo from a wrecking yard is that its condition won't be much better than the one you already have and the price won't be much of a discount.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
The one problem with buying a used servo from a wrecking yard is that its condition won't be much better than the one you already have and the price won't be much of a discount.
Agreed when it was in one piece, but now i have nothing apart from the white plastic piece for the part number :-(
So im going to need the whole thing now.

If anyone has one give us a shout please.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:28 PM
jdodson
Advanced

You might try Otto's in Venice California (No affiliation here). Contact them through the internet at ottosvenice.com or by phone 888-901-otto or fax 310-399-9399 or post to Otto's, 707 South Hampton Drive, Venice, CA 90291. They rebuild just about all electronic parts and components for all Porsche models. The cost of sending the remains of yours to them should be minimal, or they may even have a spare on hand to sell to you.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:43 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Brilliant, thanks my man i will have a look tonight :-)
Old 12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
foxford
Rennlist Member

I have looked all over the web for the mixing chamber servo valves. I too wonder where these might be available for sale and at what price for new ones? (part numbers?) I will try to rebuild mine, but...mine might fly off of the bench, too!

Thanks, gentlemen, oh, and Happy New Year!
-RK

Quick Reply: Stuck on buying a servo for the 964