My 964 has been Stolen....Gutted....Update 09-06-06

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear of this!

I suppose it's one of the reasons NEVER to buy a car that's got no history.

Good luck on finding the next ride!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Update - No 964 back yet

however.....While I was out last night (scouring the streets like terminator.....not really...I was recording in the studio) A guy turned up unannounced at my house with my wife’s handbag......My wife, to put it mildly, s**t her pants thinking they were back for more so didn't open the door to him.....eventually he confirmed he had rang the police and was just returning it as our address was still in the bag......she opened the door on the latch and took it off him.

It didn't help that the guy was 6'5" bald and built like a brick out house.

I rushed back home and went round to the guys house to say thanks…..he and his wife were really nice and understood why the wife was a bit off with him.

The wife is really shook up now when she is on her own in the house with the kids........This is going to take some time for her to get over.

Apparently the thieves / Tw*ts (take your pick) took the bag, got the cash phone etc and pushed it into a hedge a street away.

I can't believe the police didn't ring to say someone is going to drop the bag off to save any confusion.

Car update to follow.....if it ever turns up....

Chris W.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Chad T
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This makes is sound like the theives were possibly petty criminals and not professional car theives. Hope you get the car back or at least get yourself another that you like.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Could the police get any fingerprints off of the bag?

Marc
Old 06-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Could the police get any fingerprints off of the bag?

Marc
They are coming to collect it tonight but don't hold up much hope as it is fabric.
maybe get something from the purse but again fabric.

Chris W.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Default Next porsche is on its way....NOT a 964....sorry guys

Well.....It's been almost 7 weeks since D day and still no 964 .......however, the good news is my insurance have paid up and the money is in the bank .....and the best news is my insurance (Privilege) paid up in full for the car and all the work I had done on it without much of a fight..…..Yes, I got a crap offer first off but with all the adverts I printed off the internet and photo’s of the car sent to them they agreed it was in very got condition and paid me what I asked for….nice one.

so…I hear you cry…what are you going to do with the money....well...sorry to disappoint some of you guys but i have gone and done the dirty and put a deposit down on a 993 C4 CAB which is being inspected on Tuesday and, if all is ok, will pick up next Saturday.

Yes I know some of you lot will have a go at me for this but it an offer I cant refuse and the wife likes it A LOT!!!!!!

So…over to the 993 forum to try my hand with them…….but I will always have my 964 CAB in my heart and will stand up for the old girl in every way.

Thanks for the bumpy ride and will come back one day to see how you guys are getting on.

Chris W.
------------------------------------------------------
C2 964 CAB GP WHITE – Gone but not forgotten
Old 07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

a newer car with a good down payment never hurt! Enjoy
Old 07-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Every problem is an opportunity in disguise.
A happy ending, sort of.

I'm itching to know what the insurers gave you..
Old 07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Originally Posted by Johnny G Pipe
..........I'm itching to know what the insurers gave you..
Well..........I got £17K....Not bad for an insurance claim.

Johnny - see your PM for full details.

Chris W.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:05 AM
jeffnudd
Racer

Well this is a thread and a half, it brought tears to my eyes.
The stealing trespassing bastards, i wouldnt know what i would do if i caught them red handed, probably tie them down, cut there fingers off with a BLUNT knife, then drive needles into there eyes, if then they were where still alive, i would then cut there stomach open while they watched.
A bit crude i know but it makes my blood boil when i hear stuff like this, how dare they come into your property and steal things that dont belong to them.

Good news on the insurance though
Old 07-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeffnudd

LMAO!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Originally Posted by jeffnudd
Well this is a thread and a half, it brought tears to my eyes.
The stealing trespassing bastards, i wouldnt know what i would do if i caught them red handed, probably tie them down, cut there fingers off with a BLUNT knife, then drive needles into there eyes, if then they were where still alive, i would then cut there stomach open while they watched.
A bit crude i know but it makes my blood boil when i hear stuff like this, how dare they come into your property and steal things that dont belong to them.

Nice one....a man after my own heart!!!! although you did forget to put their meat and 2 veg in a vice while setting a pack of starving wolves on their blood soaked legs..............just a thought?........i've gone to far now haven't I......sorry?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chrisw_05
Nice one....a man after my own heart!!!! although you did forget to put their meat and 2 veg in a vice while setting a pack of starving wolves on their blood soaked legs..............just a thought?........i've gone to far now haven't I......sorry?
It was the casual "Good news on the insurance though" following the lurid descriptions that cracked me up!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Originally Posted by Chrisw_05

No not at all, id also pour vinagar over there blood soaked legs and see the pain in there eyes, Now im going too far, lol.

Quick Reply: My 964 has been Stolen....Gutted....Update 09-06-06