Sponsored by:

H4 headlight wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 06:07 PM
catwalk
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H4 headlight wires

Im puting in H4 headlights , I just got the new H4 plug ends, the wires are red,blue and black. They are not labled , which is high, low and ground. I assume black is ground .? thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Hambisa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently installed Bosch H4s from AJ-USA. The adapter plugs did not have wires attached - I cut the car wires and crimped on the connectors. I don't remember the connector layout, but the car wires are coded as follows:
Left headlamp: Brown - neutral; yellow/black - low beam; white/black - high beam.
Right headlamp: Brown - neutral; yellow - low beam; white - high beam.
The headlight sockets should be stamped with 56a for the high beam feed, 56b for the low beam feed and 31 for ground (neutral.)
Installing the H4s is a big improvement over the standard headlights, but if you want REAL light power, do yourself a favor and get a relay kit with high-output (85W/100W) bulbs. I purchased and installed a kit from Daniel Stern (www.danielsternlighting.com) and continue to be amazed by the result. These are the lights PAG should have installed on the 964 ex-factory. Check Daniel's web site, it is a wealth of information about automotive lighting. No affiliation, etc., just a satisfied customer. If you do get his relay kit, I will be happy to share with you how I went about installing mine.
I hope this helps, you're on the right track, Catwalk!
Old 05-28-2006, 05:31 AM
catwalk
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the relays already, no kit, that sucked ! the H5's still stink so thats why im going H4.Looking back it would have been worth buying the kit, I've wired relays before , guess it was a long time ago, I forgot it wasnt that easy. catwalk out !

Quick Reply: H4 headlight wires