race vid: "the ugly lap" that almost cost me an engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:39 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 624 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow race vid: "the ugly lap" that almost cost me an engine

This is the ugly lap: missed a shift mid-corner going from 3rd to 4th.. oops, hit 2nd... I end up running over the rumble strips on the course - sounds like engine parts, doesn't it? That error triggered a PDAS fault, which you'll hear the warning gong sounding for a couple seconds once I find the gear I want. The second turn after the corner when I missed the shift, you'll hear my car spin its wheels under power - that's when I realized I needed to get the PDAS back online so I could continue my pedal-to-the-metal corner exits since without it I am severely having to limit my throttle. Then my camera goes bezerk from the G-forces of 145mph entering turn 2 as it cuts in and out and loses focus.... I attempt the "kill the engine to reset PDAS" manuever - I turn off the engine as I'm braking straight, go into neutral until I slow, then you'll hear the engine "drop started" in second gear as I enter the corner of turn 3. By then my competition had started to creep up but with a little luck and strategy I kept them back since I still had 15 minutes of racing to go. Whew, what a workout!

12.8MB quicktime mp4 movie

Quick Reply: race vid: "the ugly lap" that almost cost me an engine