Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many people on this forum who are extremely knowledgable and the search function can turn up answers to a large number of questions as mand many people have had experience of the 964 in different applications.

If you haven't already done so I highly recommend you obtain a copy of Adrian Streather's book on the 964, you will find it worth its weight in gold.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on the new car. Love the color
Old 05-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if you pardon my saying so, I would be one these "gurus"...Anything, but anything, of a mecahnical or metaphysical nature, I am the Man, aka, the Guru!

This little, non modest, weakness aside, what a great car!! Just a pity it isn't black. Whites were made with considerable less torque.

Cheers and welcome

Miguel
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Chad T
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another 964 comes to the midwest! Congrats that looks like one hell of a fun car.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Was this the one on eBay recently? Looks nice.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:07 PM
zimpwh
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
There are many people on this forum who are extremely knowledgable and the search function can turn up answers to a large number of questions as mand many people have had experience of the 964 in different applications.

If you haven't already done so I highly recommend you obtain a copy of Adrian Streather's book on the 964, you will find it worth its weight in gold.
Thanks, I'll order the book today. Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 06:13 PM
zimpwh
Instructor

Originally Posted by craig001
Was this the one on eBay recently? Looks nice.
Yep, Ebay deal. I bought it from Jason at Unique Corvettes Pompano Beach, FL...great guy to deal with. He has an amazing stable of thoroughbreds...check out the "all original" 427 AC Cobra. Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
zimpwh
Instructor

Originally Posted by Miguel
well, if you pardon my saying so, I would be one these "gurus"...Anything, but anything, of a mecahnical or metaphysical nature, I am the Man, aka, the Guru!

This little, non modest, weakness aside, what a great car!! Just a pity it isn't black. Whites were made with considerable less torque.

Cheers and welcome

Miguel
Hail "OH MIGHTY ONE"! I feel honored that a "guru" would respond to a newbie in person "so to speak." I hope that my queries will prove worthy. Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Miguel
Pro

hey Zimpwh!!!! I was joking!! I only know how to drive them and like to have my laughs.. I would be the last person you'd want helping you with the mechanics!!!! LOL

Cheers
Old 05-22-2006, 06:30 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

hey Zimpwh!!!! I was joking!! I only know how to drive them and like to have my laughs.. I would be the last person you'd want helping you with the mechanics!!!! LOL

Cheers
He also was joking about the black ones being more powerful also. Its a well known fact on the internet that Porsche put the strongest motors in the white cars
Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 PM
zimpwh
Instructor

Cheers
Ditto that Cheers Miguel...coming from a BMW background...I have alot to learn. Bob
Old 06-10-2006, 06:58 PM
zimpwh
Instructor

Talking Arrived today!

Well it arrived today via Exotic Transport. Kudos to Dirc ( the driver.) I did feel like a "poor relative" though. Mine was the first vehicle unloaded. It was bedded above a new gold Lambo. He also had a second new yellow Lambo, a red Ferrari 430, a Rolls, and something else I could not see.
My first obstacle was the curb lip on my driveway...nothing that an improvised ramp could not cure though. Took it for a drink and a spin...."Wow" is all I can say. The Fabspeed dual header/muffler combo has a great exhaust note...quite a bit more aggressive than the Eisenman duals I had on my Z3M. I need a lesson on the controls though. I have no idea what all the buttons and switches are for. My first purchase will be an owner's manual I suppose. I have ordered Adrian's book...maybe he covers the controls. Also I'm not sure what all the dash gauges measure. I wish someone would take a picture of their gauge cluster and label the gauges...that would be a start. I barely was able to find the gas cap release....well, I have alot to learn.
Now first driving impressions. The car has been lowered and has cup wheels. Tires are 225/45/17F & 275/40/17R...the fenders were rolled and there seems to be no rubbing issues over bumps or at full steering lock. The suspension is very firm and there is little if any body roll at 80% max. Also I did not notice any push in the corners. This animal goes exactly where you point it "effortlessly."
I cannot believe how tight this 16 yr old car is. Well, not a very scholarly first report, but it sure is a wild ride. If there are any 964 owners around Evansville, IN give my a buzz. Maybe I could buy the beer in exchange for some quick lessons.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:06 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

See, it WAS worth the wait!

Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Chad T
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car must be a blast! Yes the switches are very mysterious. The round one on top of the door is the power mirror adjuster. Under the instrument cluster to the left of the steering wheel is the left/right switch for the mirrors. Just to the left of that switch is the sunroof switch. There is a little switch to the right of the steering wheel that is under the instrument cluster. That is for adjusting the clock. I think that's all of the hidden ones. Most of the dash switches are fairly self explanitory. The round **** on the right side of the instrument cluster is to adjust the delay wiper speed. Congrats and enjoy!

Chad
Old 06-10-2006, 07:18 PM
zimpwh
Instructor

That explains alot. Not how about the gauges. What do the three oil gauges measure from L to R? What are the normal ranges? Thanks

Quick Reply: First Porsche