Cupcar,

Thanks for the splitter info!

Matt
Old 05-21-2006, 07:26 AM
ninesixfourrs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kris
Tx, quite something for a first Porsche, you went straight for one of the most desireable ones. Enjoy your stay with Rennlist.
Well If your going to do it might as well go in at the top of the 964 RS Tree and I'm definitely not disappointed I love it
Old 05-22-2006, 10:14 PM
alfredhu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ninesixfourrs:

I have the same color as yours but in basic version. But got some options installed by the factory:

1. complete full roll cage (bolt-in, not welded)

2. two speedster sun visors

3. two 45 degree bar inside the engine bay (like cup car set up)

could you show me a colse shot of your hood opener area? I assume you only have one sun visor?

Dose anyone know the above 3 items are from the factory, but not showing on the option sticker which is under the front hood?

I do love the color, specially changing the shade when the sun condition changed.

Alfred from Taiwan (perchased the RS from HK, originally a Italy delivery car)
Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

The original manufacturer of the 964 roll cages for Porsche was the Matter company, now out of business. There should be a sticker on the cage.

Normally the installation is a fully welded kit, but they did have a bolt in installation kit.

These parts could have been installed by Porsche after the final assembly at the customer service area and their installation would not be documented on the hood sticker.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:20 AM
ninesixfourrs
Advanced

Originally Posted by alfredhu
Hi ninesixfourrs:

I have the same color as yours but in basic version. But got some options installed by the factory:

1. complete full roll cage (bolt-in, not welded)

2. two speedster sun visors

3. two 45 degree bar inside the engine bay (like cup car set up)

could you show me a colse shot of your hood opener area? I assume you only have one sun visor?

Dose anyone know the above 3 items are from the factory, but not showing on the option sticker which is under the front hood?

I do love the color, specially changing the shade when the sun condition changed.

Alfred from Taiwan (perchased the RS from HK, originally a Italy delivery car)
Hello Alfredhu Top choice of colour some say it's Pink but some people just don't have any taste eh! here's some pic's of what your are after I think
Old 05-23-2006, 01:19 PM
108.5dba-static
Instructor

Very nice indeed (both of them)

Is it the ex-Domster "Red Barron" by chance? Just need to get the seat back painted the same colour as the car and it would be perfect (for me that is), accepting that it would weight more. I also note no arial in the winscreen?? More weight saving or no radio?

Just one question - does it have a strut brace? Some people say Porsche fitted one standard, but I'm not so sure.

Andy.

PS any one who says its pink needs their eyes tested and should be punched in the head until they can tell the difference between a 1959 Coup Deville and 964RS. Rubystone don't you just love it!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 108.5dba-static
Just one question - does it have a strut brace? Some people say Porsche fitted one standard, but I'm not so sure.
I was wondering this, also.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

The strut brace could have been added after the fact. See below the list of things the factory did for an M003 conversion. Note the plan was for only 100 vehicles and it turned out 290 were produced.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Laurence Gibbs
Racer

The strut brace was probably availiable from the factory but was not standard spec. Alfred your lucky you still have the cage. I have the same mounting plates but the cage has been removed in the past. The cage you have bolts in but is also welded in such a way that (as far as i know) it can't be removed without destroying it. Unfortunately Matter are no longer in business. I am of the same belief as cupcar (that the cages were fitted ex-works) and as such don't show up as an option. Would love to see pics of your car.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:59 PM
alfredhu
Advanced

Hi ninesixfourrs:

Thanks a lot sharing your photos. I will try to post my sun visor photos later. Could you show me your front hood opener area right below left side underneath dashboard? That is where the roll cage intersect with opener...

I am trying to put back right factory parts back to my RS...
1. omp seat belt is gone: 6 point 996 GT3 seat belt is in, but no solution for the sub-dive belt mounting point, original RS has 2 bolt hole for it, can you show your mounting solution?

2. driver side metal plate is gone, put back original light weight carpet.

3. factory momo 964 cup wheel.

My RS came with factory black strut bar, and Tech Art front air brake (really working one, has a opening inside the plastic wheel housing)

Alfred
Attached Images        
Old 05-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Note above in the Porsche literature I posted that the M003 option is really a preparation for a roll cage and that a "roll-bar welded" is a so called "Z-option" listed for the RS Basic at the top of the page.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

The original belt manufacturer is Schroth not OMP

The RS is prepped for a 6 point harness with factory pre-drilled holes and tapped receivers welded into the chassis. These are covered by the carpet and DME and have plastic plugs sealing them that must be removed.

The outer lap belt's eyebolt goes to the normal location below the "B" pillar, the inner lap belt's eyebolt uses a tapped receiver welded to the transmission tunnel for the eyebolt.

The DME has to be moved behind the driver's seat as shown. Porsche made a special alloy panel to mount the DME and the body is pre-drilled to mount this panel as indicated.

The crotch belts pass through the seat and there are tapped receivers welded in the floor below each seat for the eye bolts for the crotch belts.

The shoulder belt mounts to the corner below the "C" pillar where there is a tapped receiver welded into the bulkhead.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:41 AM
ninesixfourrs
Advanced

As Cupcar says the ECU/DME has to be mounted as is shown in his pic's because of the crotch harness eye bolt fixings, see attached pic, I have the full weld in cage so I have the cross member for fixing shoulder harnesses. The orange thing hanging from the front strut brace is just a warning triangle hope these help Alfredhu and you've got the best colour by a mile. If you need parts ie; genuine porsche motorsport parts try this fella his pretty good his name is Gert.........www.carnewal.com
Attached Images   
Old 05-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a beautiful example! I'd love to drive it!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: My 964 RS Clubsport