Sponsored by:

Appbiz RS Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 08:07 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Appbiz RS Door Panels

Has anyone else had problems with online ordering through Appbiz?

I placed an order on their website on the 17th April and paid through PayPal. So far I've sent 4 emails requesting confirmation that the order was processed okay and that the PayPal payment was received, but no reply as yet to any of them.

The complicating factor is I've asked for shipping to Austraila 'cos that's where the car is but at present I'm at work in The Gulf so getting in contact with Appbiz is somewhat problematic!!

A lot of you guys seem to have their carpet sets and door panels on your cars but no one else has posted that they had any problems with their order....anyone got any ideas??
Old 04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firstly, how's the flying in the Gulf?

I got some door handles and pull straps from these guys and had no problems at all. They answered all my emails about postage etc.
Maybe they have computer problems?

Cheers,
Frank
Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought the RS-carpet kit from Appbiz and was also pleased with their service, and a friend of mine bought the RS-panels without any problems.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Hey Frank!

Flying is pretty good actually....just coming into the start of summer so not looking forward to that but I'm back in Oz for June/July so that's a couple of hot months out of the way.

I hope that it's just computer problems since you and Thomas in Sweden both managed to get parts withoput any problems. I'll give it until Monday and then come up with plan B.....by the way what was postage like to Melbourne? I ordered from their website directly and the postage I was charged was something called the "table rate" and was only US$8.00 which doesn't sound quite right, unless it's coming on the proverbial slow boat!!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:07 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Just give them a call 310.539.6183, thats what I did and they are very friendly and helpful. It does however sound like there a just a couple people running the place so that might be the problem.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:12 PM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Thanks KG....everyone has given them a big thumbs up so I'm sure this is one of those situations that result from a small operation having a global presence thanks to the Internet.

Can you tell me what city they are in? The website doesn't give an address and I need to know what timezone they are in so I don't end up calling in the middle of the night!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

I was looking at door panels but the postage was too expensive for me. So I got a set of RS interior door handles and opening pull straps. Decided to make the door trims myself as I've done this before and is not too big a job. I think the postage for the handle kit was 12 US. The kit was complete and excellent condition. I don't think you'll have any problems

Cheers
Frank
PS what are you flying there?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:01 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked mine up from them at a Porsche show in Ventura. They have really good quality. I did see that they were very slow at responding to emails though. You might just want to call them directly.

Don't forget to get the power window trim bezels. The window switches don't stay in the cards with out them.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

They are located in California (LA area I think). They are not very web savy and it is much better to call them.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:00 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Thanks for your responses guys, it sounds like I'll have to bite the bullet and give them a call from here. Pete the bezels you're talking about, are they the aluminium reinforcement ones shown on the website? I assume these replace an OE part on the original doors?

Frank, I'm flying Bell 412 and 212 in support of the offshore oil and gas industry here in the Gulf. That said today i'm off chasing 270KPH Class 1 Power Boats for aerial filming so that's always fun!!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:39 AM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep those are the bezels...Good Luck...

Quick Reply: Appbiz RS Door Panels