Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear 4x6 speaker

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 PM
N24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics - wish I'd seen this before i started on my replacement! However it was pretty straightforward - bought some JBL GTO6429 - £40, pulled back the rear shelf to make access simpler, prised off the existing grills, unscrewed the original Blaupunkt speakers & binned them - but kept the grills.
These JBL's screw straight into the same holes, wired up, tested, then shelf re-fitted.
The grills now don't fit because there's a collar raising the height of the fitted - these collars will simply pry off - meaning the grills will now fit flush. However the original grills are marginally larger than the new speaker frame - i used some double-sided foam tape to glue the grills in place.

30 mins later job done! (15mins were spent finding black double sided tape that i just _knew_ i had...)

These were the speakers:
JBL GTO6429 - 4x6" 2-way 135W car speakers: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics JBL GTO6429 - 4x6" 2-way 135W car speakers: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
In reality they were closer in looks to the ones in the thread above - where the frame can be dismantled - although I didn't bother dismantling - the pics in the link looks like a single piece frame for some reason.

Quick Reply: rear 4x6 speaker