Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday Folley and merryment

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006 | 08:21 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Default Friday Folley and merryment

So I'm happy because the construction progresses on the house. I can vaguely see where the garage is, and where the Porsche will sit. The HVAC guy called, and needs to move a gas line; I'm sure it's for the garage heater.

I'm not happy about the 2 inches of snow we just got, but it will be gone soon.

I'm happy I ordered my new pedals thanks to lurking on the other forums. Shiny anti-slip with domed rubber bits on the pedals

I've got sooooo many other projects on the car not even started that I won't have to add anything to the list next winter.

so what about you? What's got you going this week?
Old 03-17-2006 | 09:19 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry, but I'm not feeling all that merry this week. I'm glad your house is coming along.

Marc
Old 03-17-2006 | 09:55 AM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Marc, hope nothing too serious, I know you had your hands full this week with "the thread from hell". I'm happy because it's going to be sunny this weekend in Toronto and I can play with the toy and my son was in town this week on business so we spent quality time together.
Old 03-17-2006 | 10:29 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

I'm going to my first autocross this weekend although I won't be driving my car. I'll be filming and maybe riding along in an 87 coupe for one run. Should be pretty fun.

c
Old 03-17-2006 | 10:53 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

I decided to play hookey from work since its going to be such a nice warm day and finally check out whats leaking on my PS pump. Sure hope its one of the hose connections. Figure as long as I have it on the lift I wil check the condition of the belt and clean all the crud off the bottom of the engine.
Happy St Paddys Day !
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:47 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by last toy
Marc, hope nothing too serious, I know you had your hands full this week with "the thread from hell"..
Oh, Good Lord, no - it is not that (all part of the job).

I took this week off as vacation and our 2 year old got flu Sunday night so we cancelled our travel plans. Yesterday, when it apeared he was improving, my wife got flu.

I have spent a great deal of time this week administering Gravol/Dramamine (and washing my hands, so I don't get sick too).

Marc
Old 03-17-2006 | 12:07 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

I'm happy because of all the work I did on my car this week. Credit to my friend Anthony for helping with the brakes and letting me use his lift though. This week has been fully dedicated to my 964, seriously. :

-new rotors and pads
-brake lines / fluid
-tightened all the screws up on the trim and underneath
-inspected it fully for rust or any other problems (found a split CV boot )
-fixed a slight exhaust leak i had where the cat meets the primary bypass...
-distributor caps + rotors
-instrument gauge rings
-aluminum dead pedal (ordered; not here yet)
-installed a new bearing in my other spoiler motor yesterday... the spoiler moves VERY quietly again now.
-got a quote from the powercoater to get my cooling fan coated... will ship that out next week
-many other things still left!

i'm also happy because it's friday and st. patty's day! can't wait to go out with the girl and some friends tonight to have some fun.

i have my green on today; do you guys?

-harry
Old 03-17-2006 | 12:22 PM
KY-91C2
Instructor

Chris M:

Are you going to the event at Applebee's? If so, I look forward to meeting you, and you're more than welcome to catch a ride with me if you want.

Ron
91 C2 Cabriolet
85.5 944 NA
Old 03-17-2006 | 12:26 PM
kgorman
Drifting

This week I ordered a bunch of stuff for my weekend work. I had no idea this would be how pcar ownership would be. I was warned of the slippery slope, but man, I has it been steep. Over the weekend I plan to:

- get new MPSC's from Tirerack in 255 and 205 mounted/balanced and put on the car.
- remove the seats/rollbar/doorpanels/etc in prep for RS interior project.
- Tear out the rest of the carpet, and remove glue gook.
- start installation of the RS Carpet Kit and RS Door Panels from Appbiz.com.
- call for appt to Kahlers to do oil change and inspect for oil leak issue next week.
- order new sound deadening for footwells.
- install pedal kit
- get quote for leather/alcatara covering my Recaro SPG XL seats.

Then I still have to install my RS sways at some point too. But so far it has been well worth it, I just am in love with my 964. I can't wait for the next track day (PCA Thunderhill, April 6).
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:05 PM
jeff522
Racer

I am fairly new to this site,but I do love it.I have owened my 90 C2(wht./Burgundy leather)since 94 or 5.I have done somework on her over the years,but have very little free time untill now.But enought of that its goning to rain here,so I'll be changing my pads and rotors.It nice to have a place to talk with fellow 964 oweners.
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:17 PM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't usually contribute to the Hawk Monday Friday thing, but..

I played hookey this morning too ( a cancelled meeting), got 3 hours quiet and sunny snowboarding in, a drive back thru the twisties and snowy fields that was as exciting as the riding - the car is just going SO well -, and was back for my afternoon clinic at 1.30pm, complete with helmet hair. I'd been struggling with the first kid in the clinic, but the last thing we've tried has worked like a dream and everyone's happy.

I have old friends visiting tommorrow, and I'll maybe be enjoying some early morning surfing with one of them -( I haven't checked the webcams yet.)

My toddler is in a really nice post-terrible 2 phase, and we have just had a healthy check up for the next one due in May.

Just a reeeally good day.

I'm going to wash the salt off the car now before I drive home..blegh.
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:26 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

I'm working with some vintage super high quality redwood . I've never seen anything like it , its just so very good . Its so good that I think I need to find something great to do with it and I can't find any project good enough for it .
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:29 PM
badcar
Intermediate

Happy...well the wife is now 17 weeks along...starting to show and all is happy and healthy so far. The weather has improved so I have been driving the car quite a bit lately...

now the bad....the clutch is slipping....not too bad yet, but when I put the hammer down in 4th at 4000rpm, the motor will rev to 6500 and no juice goes to the wheels....I have to back off and let the parts engage and slowly accelerate. Also, the wife is starting to pressure me to get rid of the car to get something more kid friendly....

I am going snowbaording this weekend...should get the spirits up....
Old 03-17-2006 | 06:58 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Badcar; too bad about the clutch as it may give her a bullet for the car. Keep it if you can. Glad she's doing well. STacey is getting along fine, and we can feel the baby kick every now and again.
Old 03-17-2006 | 07:22 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Default Oh yeah

Smokin is missing the community and is deeply sorry for his sins.

Quick Reply: Friday Folley and merryment