Sponsored by:

Rear Air Blower

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Air Blower

Has anyone found a replacement electric motor for the rear air blower (Part Number 964 624 328 01) that sits on the top left hand side of the engine?
I am relucant to pay $350+ for the complete unit and if I cannot buy a motor will probably fit a bypass to the car. Suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Somewhere I read Grainger sells a motor that can be retrofit for a whole lot less but dont remember where I saw it.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear blower motor just crapped out last week. I looked for a new one for several hours, but found no motors that were under a few hundred dollars. There were actually some affordable ones on eBay for $150 or so, but in the end I decided to just get rid of it altogether and I ordered a carbon fiber ventilation bypass instead. If the bypass works out for me, that will be very cool since it's a much simpler design altogether. I won't ever have to worry about replacing that rear motor again as long as I can deal with this decreased heater airflow.

If the bypass doesn't work out, I can always buy another motor and install it another time.

A link to my thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/257583-blower-motor-making-nasty-sound.html

-Harry
Old 03-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Twood
Racer

I have tried Vertex but they only have the complete unit for replacement-I am waiting for Grainger to reply-thank you for the advice-if I find a replacement motor I will post the information.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twood
I have tried Vertex but they only have the complete unit for replacement-I am waiting for Grainger to reply-thank you for the advice-if I find a replacement motor I will post the information.
Not sure if you're looking for an immediate fix, but if you have a little time to play with as far as fixing this is concerned, look for an update in the next couple of weeks about how my ventilation bypass is working out for me.
-H
Old 03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Twood
Racer

Euromagination
Sounds good to me - I have removed the offending motor and replaced the cowling. I will probably follow the same way as you and install a bypass so I would be interested in how your works out
Old 03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You could always try a dismantler - but any they have will be as old as your one that died.

Marc
Old 03-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The blower on my C2 died about 2 years ago, and I replaced it with a genuine Bosch motor I got from Vertex. They were $99 at the time, and went up to $119 shortly after.

I think it's one of those things, that you must know that they have them. When I first asked, the guy on the phone denied having them ... but I persisted and told him that I'd seen their ad for one. The next guy knew what I was talking about ... but it still took about 2 months to get it. I always wondered whether they really just ordered it from Bosch after talking to me.

.. Gregg
Old 03-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a look at my files for the motor I got from Vertex a couple of years ago. It was made by Bosch (who else?), p/n 0-130-111-145-000.

I recall trying to source it from an aftermarket Bosch source at the time, and it was at least double what Vertex supplied it for.

.. Gregg

Quick Reply: Rear Air Blower