UK Source for side 'carrera' decals

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:01 PM
964rh
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Source for side 'carrera' decals

Hi

I'm sorely tempted to put some side 'carrera' decals on my 1990 964 C4.

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for one to fit a 964. I can find ones to fit earlier cars but no one is sure if they'll fit my car.

Thanks

Rob
Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by robh
Hi

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for one to fit a 964. I can find ones to fit earlier cars but no one is sure if they'll fit my car.

Thanks

Rob
Hey Rob...
So am I... I'll follow your thread...
Nothing wrong with retro Carrera stripes...

Decals are Hot!!..

From here,
Marc...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Hi

Thanks

Rob
Rob

If someone can give me a good computer file - EPS / illustrator / dxf / AutoCAD / any line art file. I can sort them out for you or anyone else that wants some. any colour to your hearts desire.

I run a sign company in the UK and have a full graphics department that have digital printing and vinyl cutting capabilities. All i need is line artwork in any package and i would be able to sort for you. I am NOT trying to sell you anything. It would be at cost to all you other 964 owners only............come to think of it, i have not checked if we already have the "carrera" files already. I'll check in the morning.

The digital printing is fantastic. Roland Soljet Echo Solvent - Prints can be 1.3M x as long as you like - external quality with matt or gloss laminate finish. so if some of you lot have high quality images of your 964's, i will print them at cost for you. i'll even put it on a panel if you ask.

Again - This is not an advert, just a 964 owner offering a service to other 964 owners - Rennlist administrators - let me know if you want this pulled.

Cheers

Chris W.
-------------------------------
C2 CAB 964 1991 GP White
Old 03-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Graham L
Racer

Chris - I need some stuff done before Le Mans in the summer, can you PM me a link to a site or something?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
964rh
Pro

Chris

Really appreciate your offer, let me know if you haven't got the carrera file and I'll look at getting you what you need.

You had to mention colour didn't you! can't decide on black, red (to match the car, thinking discrete?!?), blue,etc,etc,etc and this is just me. Wait till the trouble and strife gets involved!!!

Regards

Rob
Old 03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

Hey Chris...
Can you come to the South of France with the Wife and Kids, room and board included, First Class Air France to Nice and return London, a chauffer driven Limo and free Porsche loaner car if you do the installation and delivery for, let's say €01,00... Not enough, okay...£01.00 !!..

Let me know... (But don’t say it too loud)...

Great man!!..

From here,
Marc...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:46 PM
stuart1997
Instructor

I love the Carrera script also but have never seen it on a 964;not sure how it would fit around the sill cover/sharkfin bit.
As for colour if you have a white car -red is the way to go any other then black is good.
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

B E A U T I F U L !!!!!

That's what I'm after... Thanks for posting!!..

From here,
Marc...
Old 03-06-2006, 02:30 PM
964rh
Pro

I have seen a black 964RS with orange script on the side in a recent mag. Think it was total911?

Rob
Old 03-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Originally Posted by Graham L
Chris - I need some stuff done before Le Mans in the summer, can you PM me a link to a site or something?
Hi

send what ever you want to my work email address. I will have a look and let you know cost (as little as I can) before I do anything. If you say go ahead, i will sort and send to were ever you want. i would send vinyl graphics on application paper and instructions on how to put them on. It sounds like you have done this before though.

Not sure what you are after yet but let me know and i will tell you if it is possible and how quick.

Work email
cwardle@signeng.co.uk

That goes for anybody else......Marc A included.....France is not that far in the post.

Cheers

Chris W.

Last edited by Chrisw_05; 03-06-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

I have seen a black 964RS with orange script on the side in a recent mag. Think it was total911?

Rob
I can see your going to have a problem picking what you want......black.....red.....orange......well maybe not orange on red..or have you just dropped on a unique combo...Naaaaa.

i'll keep you all posted on what i have and can get hold of.

keep looking at the mags for ideas.....the porcshe ones that is.

Chris W.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:30 PM
964rh
Pro

Here we go Marc
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

.......You had to mention colour didn't you! can't decide on black, red (to match the car, thinking discrete?!?), blue,etc,etc,etc and this is just me. Wait till the trouble and strife gets involved!!!

Regards

Rob
Rob - just another idea. If you go for red, why not try a matt vinyl to contrast with the gloss paintwork???? I would be interested to see what this looks like.....in fact tomorrow i will get some red gloss vinyl on a panel and put some red matt vinyl text ontop to see what it looks like in the sun. i willpost picture if it's any good.

Thanks for giving me another excuss NOT to do any real work...as well as this forum.

Chris W.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
964rh
Pro

Chris

That thought crossed my mind too. Would have to be a good match to the paintwork tho'.

Oh and less of the gloss paintwork please, it's not been cleaned for a few weeks now, last polished ages ago. Brand new tub of zymol vintage sat in the fridge waiting for this country to decide whether its winter or spring!!!!

Real work? nah lost me there..

Rob
Old 03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

.........Would have to be a good match to the paintwork tho'.........
As I read your reply, it just struck me.......Matt clear or dusted vinyl in the answer. Dusted is a git to apply compared to normal vinyl but still, clear may be the answer. This means no matching paint colours, your car can be any shade or red / pink/ yellow with pink spots (no...just stop it right there) you like. You see the colour of your car through the vinyl.......i like it.

I have a couple of options for matt or gloss clear vinyl. That's what i'll try tomorrow.

Now look what you've done.......you've given me an idea which i've never seen before........Hope it works and looks good.........I'll let you know the results.

Chris W.

Quick Reply: UK Source for side 'carrera' decals