Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline S1 fuel cleaner is really good!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:49 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Redline S1 fuel cleaner is really good!

I just had a major service with valves adjusted, plugs, distributors, rotors and wires replaced and new fuel filters and oxygen sensors installed. Also replaced the steering, tranny and diff fluids. All because I couldn't knock off a WRX wagon at the traffic light.
Anyhow, in addition I dropped Redline S1 FI cleaner after the service just for the heck of it since Pep Boys had them on special. After 10 minutes of driving, suddenly the engine just came alive, like another 2 cyclinders just kicked in. Now my 94 C2 Cab is running really smooth. I guess with 91RON, EFI need more cleaning because I usually do a techron FI cleaner once a year but never had such a difference. Will see tomorrow if it's just low temps or imagination, but it sure feels smooth tonight. Even my wife said so.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So now I've got to go find a bottle and give it a try .
Old 03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

The post looks suspiciously like advertising.

Better brands of gasoline come with additives to clean injectors. The additives in pump gas have much better science behind them than Redline. How can Redline know the chemistry of the gas you buy, and make sure they are adding the right amount of the right stuff?

Buy Shell, Chevron, or perhaps one or two others, and at best you are wasting money on an additive. At worst, you could do harm.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you say "placebo effect"?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It probably is partially placebo and the major service probably kicked in too. I won't be able to drive the car until monday so I guess I'll find out if it's my imagination or a number of other factors (new engine oil, ambient temp etc)
I only use Chevron and Mobil. And I seriously doubt Redline needs me to advertise for them.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:21 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggplant Cab
It probably is partially placebo and the major service probably kicked in too. I won't be able to drive the car until monday so I guess I'll find out if it's my imagination or a number of other factors (new engine oil, ambient temp etc)
A valve adjustment and a throttle cable tightening always does wonders for my 964. The ten minute delay might be a result of the ECU adjusting the fuel & ignition timing schedule?

Quick Reply: Redline S1 fuel cleaner is really good!