Sponsored by:

Replacing handbrake lever process in words and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
inkyboy911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing handbrake lever process in words and pictures

Well, it wasn't all that bad, mostly just fiddly doing it on my own and trying to take pictures for others to use for future reference as I've needed your help in the past now it's my turn to offer assistance.

1. Unclip from the rear of the handbrake the sensor.
2. Remove clip over main through bolt and fixed metal cover.
3. Pop large bolt through with screwdriver applying firm pressure, and pull lever firmly up and over the main recess.
4. From the handbrake itself remove the smaller clip from the 2nd smaller gold bolt and then tap the pin through with a small hammer as it maybe stiff if never removed.
5. Remove handbrake in it's entiresty and replace the handbrake clicker into new unit or replace worn item noting that it seats into the metal plate below the handbrake, and also fits into the larger bolt unpon refit.
6. Refit new handbrake and place clicker fullinserted by pushing the handbrake lever pin until it's nearly hidden
7.Pop smaller gold bolt in to secure handbrake to main connection with handbrake cable and attache small clip.
8. Best to try to fit larger bolt with full handbrake down and push firmly looking from passenger (LHD) side to align new unit and allow the clicker to seat properly and at it's lowest postition sliding it into the metal plate on the carpet.
7. Fit larger bolt to secure handbrake in pivotal postion and fit clip.
8. Refit sensor cable for handbrake/on/off light and test with iginition on.

Some photo's to help you identify parts.
Attached Images          

Last edited by inkyboy911; 03-03-2006 at 07:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacing handbrake lever process in words and pictures