Sponsored by:

Nology Hotwires Ignition wires

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nology Hotwires Ignition wires

Anyone tried these wires instead of OEM? Any difference or is it all BS?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2006, 03:58 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

hey,

its all bull****. just dont do it.

the stanard wires are the best you can buy, they all have exactly the same resistance because the resistance is in the blug connectors not the wires. but every aftermarket wire set run usually a carbon or such wire and this is the resistance. in which case evry wire has a different resistance because of its different length, and they use cheap nasty plug connectors.

Sean Buchanan
Buchanan Automotive
Old 03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stick with OEM. I tried years ago the Nology stuffstuff, on a Motec EFI'ed 964, it broke havoc with the electronics(interference).,cheers.Sonny.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend rented a dyno for a day to test various things on his Spec Miata. The Nology wires actually resulted in a slight power loss compared to the OEM NGK plug wires. Magnecore tested the best. This isn't an apples to apples comparison for a 964, but thought you might find it interesting.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
DustinTarditi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tech said the only significant improvement to be made (aside from forced induction or something equally dramatic) is intake w/ exhaust and possibly remapping. Remapping will, of course change the behavior of the engine management somewhat - so performance will be at the expense of fuel economy or changing the power band may lead to "flat spots" elsewhere, etc. Everything has a trade off.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I just saw it on one of the websites for Pcar parts and was wondering about it. Not looking for more power. Although a WRX did keep me from overtaking him at a traffic light. Damn those subarus are fast. I couldn't climb on him enough to get past him. And my C2 Cab was dynoed at 245 just a few months ago. Maybe it's time for that chip and exhaust upgrade.

Quick Reply: Nology Hotwires Ignition wires