PICS : of my shiney car :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:18 AM
glyn waxmaster
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kismet
Wow, that looks great.

The body work on my car needs a bit of attention - stone chips, scratches on the bumpers (not mine) and a crease in the drivers door (that's mine) removed. Any recomendations in the Surrey/Middx area ?
hi kismet, i travel the length and breadth of the uk with regards to zymol but i would suggest getting the paintwork sorted first, it sounds like a job for a good paintshop as opposed to one of these chips away jobs which i never think are as good as the real paintshop job. with regards to the dents use a good local paintless dent removal company rather than have it painted, i am having training at present but it will take months to master it. give me a call if need further advice
kind regards
glyn
Old 02-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Seight
Instructor

Hi Glyn, I was wondering what you charge for this service. I have a black C4 which has no scratches etc...paintwork very good but could do with a full Zymol treatment from you.
I am in South London but am more than willing to travel....

Cheers
Alex
Old 02-20-2006, 03:21 PM
glyn waxmaster
8th Gear

Hi Alex, it is very difficult to quote without seeing the car but a rough guide due to travelling would be £350, i have emailed you some details
Old 02-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Glyn,

While we all appreciate your expertise and advice, I would like to direct your attention to the post by John D. here.

Thanks. Marc
Old 02-21-2006, 06:40 AM
glyn waxmaster
8th Gear

no worries
Old 02-26-2006, 06:48 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by tafkai
for marc , and anybody else that wants to know what i look like , i'm the guy you can see a reflection of in the last picture . i'm like the guy in tool-time whose face you never see , for this picture i disguised it as an earo mirror
Hey Ian...
Hey sneaky guy, when am I going this meet is good looking Dude in Jeans and Sneakers... Actually, you can live in the distorted world of mirrors and reflections for ever and ever,. Amen.. Rock’n Roll.. Speaking of reflections, I have never seen a refracted image/shine like that in my life... "Black Cars Look Better in the Shade", as those two bearded Guys once sang. But some of those photographs were in the sun!!.. "Unbelievable"... It took me a couple of moments to focus my eyes/brain on the Porsche Emblem...

"I must have your Polish!!.. I need it!!.. I need it!!.. I need it!!..

Ian, if your Friend should ever present himself again, please ask him to contact me via this Forum, or if it’s cooler, my email address... I have to ask him a question...

Hey Ian, have you driven your Porsche 911/964 in the rain yet... That must be a trip watching the beaded droplets of rain water glistening off the polished paintwork...

Nice one, I enjoyed reading the good sound advice on:
"Porsche Paint Preservation posted by a Passionate Porsche Perfectionist".

It seemed like such a good thread to me, shame it ended...
I think I can say "ZZ Top", had it right... Thanks Ian...

From here,
Marc...

PS.."I Love Paint!!"..
PSS. Sorry I did'nt write sooner,
I was away on rest and recuperation...
Old 02-26-2006, 07:31 AM
glyn waxmaster
8th Gear

Hi Marc, do i take it you like the finish
Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 AM
tafkai

hey mark ,
i have bad news .
it seems every cat in the neighbourhood has decided my soft-top is a good place to sit and relax !!
now i have groups of 4 tiny scratches all over the car , where the little beasts have climbed up !!
maybe if it wasn't so slick they wouldn't have to use there claws ?

i'll be glad to get it home again , drove miles upto armagh and back yesterday at speeds between 100 and 160 , then get home to find my battery is flat !!!
i had to take the one off my golf today just so i could start the porsche and take it for a drive to get it away from the cats
Old 02-26-2006, 11:45 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by tafkai
hey mark ,
i have bad news .
it seems every cat in the neighbourhood has decided my soft-top is a good place to sit and relax !!
now i have groups of 4 tiny scratches all over the car , where the little beasts have climbed up !!
maybe if it wasn't so slick they wouldn't have to use there claws ?

i'll be glad to get it home again , drove miles upto armagh and back yesterday at speeds between 100 and 160 , then get home to find my battery is flat !!!
i had to take the one off my golf today just so i could start the porsche and take it for a drive to get it away from the cats
Hey Ian C.
That’s right!!.. The little hair ***** jump up on the car, the surface is too much like the slopes of the Torino Winter Olympics, they slip and slide, they open up their claws and it’s out with the stabilizers... And it’s scratch, scratch all the way down the wet shiny polished paintwork... Don’t ask me how I know... I’ve seen that movie before... On my red VW Passat of years ago. In the end I bought an exterior car cover to protect the paint... "Wait till Spring Madness comes around". Then the kitties really flip out late at night while having a good punch-up for *****...
"Meow, meow... Meow, meow..."
I hope they were small ***** cats and not too heavy... Sometimes, it hard to win, let alone break even... "Hey, things could be worse"...

Here in France the government is already predicting that several million people could die if this bird flu spreads to us Porschists, and billions of birds will be falling from the sky...
"Hey, things could be worse"...

"Meow, meow...Meow, meow"...
Marc...

Quick Reply: PICS : of my shiney car :)