Sponsored by:

Radio Wiring Connector

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:16 PM
ggoodwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio Wiring Connector

At the weekend, I replaced the Blaupunkt Toronto radio cassette (Porsche dealer fitted in 1995) in my 1990 C2, with a basic Blaupunkt single slot CD. The original wiring connectors were obviously pre ISO standard, but a couple of ICE delears I called and Halfords all said they did not do a wiring harness converter for a 911 of this age.

On showing them a picture of the wiring connecters, they said there wasn no option but to cut the wires! I really did not want to do this. So I found on the shelf a connector which was at least was the same shape a the power one, with the intention of doing something relatively non-destructive with the speaker connector on my own.

Amazingly it fitted both the power and speaker connections, and meant the cd upgrade took 10mins (after removing the original radio that is).

Pictures of the original speaker and power wiring and the Halfords part needed for anyone in the UK wanting to do the same.

Garry

Last edited by ggoodwin; 11-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:23 PM
biggs
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gary, in the middle of that process myself, My stock CD unit stopped working.. I am also thinking about going with the Blaupunkt single slot CD... Want to keep the car looking as original as possible ... Where did you purchase the unit?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:33 AM
ggoodwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
I got one of these unopened off ebay. http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/porto.asp
It's the most basic of single slot CD's players but fits my purpose fine.

Quick Reply: Radio Wiring Connector