964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic car wash

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:59 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
Taking a P-car an automated carwash????? Don't provoke the Porsche gods...have you heard about the curse of the swirl marks?
Oh yes, the "Sports Car Gods that Live in the Big Sky Above", pretty cool Dudes...
They watch out for us... We're all, "One Big Family"...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Billb603
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Marc A I some kind of impressed with the top end in your car if that is what it did to your roof. Or is that what my roof would have looked like after the car wash. Thanks for the advice as always. Bill
Old 02-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Shhh......our cars and listening and know we are talking about them.

If we annoy them, they will break just to spite us.

Marc
Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Shhh......our cars and listening and know we are talking about them.

If we annoy them, they will break just to spite us.

Marc
Hi Marc...the crazy thing is: I do believe in what you just wrote!!! Treat a P-car with respect and if they really have to brake, they will do so in front of your house or driveway!!! These are sensitive creatures...got treat them right!

PS. Please do not spread my words off this forum as I don't want to be taken to a nuthouse!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
Taking a P-car an automated carwash????? Don't provoke the Porsche gods...have you heard about the curse of the swirl marks?
I think if a person had a coupe and you're driving it in the winter, you could easily take it to one of these laser guided, touchless washes. Many new ones don't even have wheel guides anymore to damage your rims. I have two of these in my local town and they work very well for winter driven vehicles (though I have not taken any Porsche through them) to get the layers of grime off of our cars. There are no brushes or anything to touch your car.

I have a co-worker that takes his very expensive Audi's and BMW's through these things and he's never damaged his paint or rims with the good laser guided washes.

Beats letting the salt work at your paint for weeks on end...

Jay
90 964
Old 02-09-2006, 02:06 PM
botoo
Instructor

I have taken my Cab. through those touchless washes and must tell you I have had no problem with them. They do a pretty good job, expecially handy in the winter. I don't use the wax treatment at the end, however. The ones I have used have a wheel guide at the left side of the car only and if you stay to the right a little when going through it, it won't touch your wheel.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
DustinTarditi
Instructor

I admit to taking mine to the wand-type wash

Our county has mandatory water restrictions preventing washing your car at home (unless you're on well water) - the reservoir has been up to snuff for months now, but the political deadbeats here just need to get with the program (they sell water to other municipalities)...

Quick Reply: Automatic car wash