Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"964 Prices"...How much has been spent since...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:06 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by Jeremy Pinsly
Looking back over my previous post, the "need to haves" vs. the "want to haves" do make a difference in cost of ownership.
The "need to have" cost of ownership has been $6485 over 6200 miles, or $1.05/mile.
Hey Jeremy, when all is said and done with my thread I’m going to give you the official "Non Hi-jacking Honours" to take proud ownership of it and try to calculate into your fact-sheet any trivia or Porsche 964 life saving facts that have be taken into account by you...

Merry Christmas, even if I’m late!!..

Seriously, I’m impressed with your work, I had another look at it, all I can say is... "You’re much better at that then me"...

Thanks for your efforts,
Marc

PS.. Let's go Steelers!!..
Old 02-02-2006, 07:07 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not porsche-ing I'm afraid. Ford Focus-ing since the reason is to collect some stuff, and it won't really fit in the Porsche.

I'll PM you if I get a chance when I'm down there - but not sure it will be possible this time.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by DaveK
Not porsche-ing I'm afraid. Ford Focus-ing since the reason is to collect some stuff, and it won't really fit in the Porsche.

I'll PM you if I get a chance when I'm down there - but not sure it will be possible this time.
"Can’t ask more than that"...

The Sun is out, the forecast is super... And look forward to hearing from you if possible... And don’t forget what side of the road to drive on... If you say no, I’ll scour the streets of Cannes... There aren’t too many Brits this time of the year cruising around with a beautiful young French Lady in a GB Reg. Ford Focus...

If there’s any problems, post or email, I'm there in 10 mins, okay...

Take care,
Marc
Old 02-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Crivens
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonny

Its the truth, all done at Paragon so not cheap, but honest.
from memory It was typically clutch tyres and brakes every 8 weeks.
I thought Id bought an ex trackaday car by mistake when I found out it had an LSD and lowered suspension.

I think the owner just used it and gave it merry hell.
I think about 100k of the miles went on in the last 2 years so that is some serious use.

was a fantastic car and is still going very strong.
Attached Images   
Old 02-02-2006, 07:57 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by Crivens
Jonny

Its the truth, all done at Paragon so not cheap, but honest.
from memory It was typically clutch tyres and brakes every 8 weeks.
I thought Id bought an ex trackaday car by mistake when I found out it had an LSD and lowered suspension.

I think the owner just used it and gave it merry hell.
I think about 100k of the miles went on in the last 2 years so that is some serious use.

was a fantastic car and is still going very strong.
Hey Crivens, once again a beautiful example of "Man and his Porsche 964". I know the costs are important but speaking for me... Every time I paid an extravagant service bill at Porsche, how quickly I forgot it as soon as I drove away having my hands, once again on the steering wheel.

(It was only at the end of the month when the pain came back, seeing the checking accounts)

I wish your garage was next door, they sound professional... I would love an alternative...
Maybe in the next world...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Christer
Race Car

Hi Marc

Yes, the car is not necessarily used a lot every day, I think I cover around 5-6000 miles every year. I used to wash it every 3-4 weeks and wax every 3 minths - I think the frequency was more out of laziness - when you wash it that often it doesn't take long at all! I have never considered any of the cars that I have owned as something to be saved for a sunny day and so on, but I used to have a 'beater' that I used to go to the gym/shopping or whatever but now the 964 does it all. I get the most pleasure out of the car when I am driving it rather than looking at it (although of course it is beautiful, if dirty!) so thisis why its looking a bit sorry now. I will take a photo or 2 tonight to show the state it is in... This asummer it will get serious use, Le Mans maybe combined with cross-Europe run and even to Scandinavia if the dates fit...looking forward to it already!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Christer
Race Car

p.s. the downside is that in London traffic of course the car is a bit of a bi*ch...with the LWF, long cams and so on but by no means undriveable. Its just that it seems a lot happier going flat out all the time... so generally London traffic is avoided like the plague..... Maybe I will sit on Dave K's tail all the way down this weekend - I am sure the car would like to get out of 2/3 gear for a while....
Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
DaveK
Race Car

I'm in a Ford Focus. If you were sitting on my tail you wouldn't even get to 3rd!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Jeremy Pinsly
Pro

Thanks Marc for the compliment........and honors.......
Old 02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Christer
Race Car

Originally Posted by DaveK
I'm in a Ford Focus. If you were sitting on my tail you wouldn't even get to 3rd!
I don't know...the way you drive I wouldn't be too sure of that.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 AM
DaveK
Race Car

I don't know...the way you drive I wouldn't be too sure of that.
I'm actually disappointed I'm not taking the Porsche. In the Focus I reckon it's going to take me about 12 hours to get from Calais to Cannes (750 miles). In the 964 I could try to do it in 5...........
Old 02-02-2006, 12:14 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by Christer
Hi Marc

Yes, the car is not necessarily used a lot every day, I think I cover around 5-6000 miles every year. I used to wash it every 3-4 weeks and wax every 3 minths - I think the frequency was more out of laziness - when you wash it that often it doesn't take long at all! I have never considered any of the cars that I have owned as something to be saved for a sunny day and so on, but I used to have a 'beater' that I used to go to the gym/shopping or whatever but now the 964 does it all. I get the most pleasure out of the car when I am driving it rather than looking at it (although of course it is beautiful, if dirty!) so thisis why its looking a bit sorry now. I will take a photo or 2 tonight to show the state it is in... This asummer it will get serious use, Le Mans maybe combined with cross-Europe run and even to Scandinavia if the dates fit...looking forward to it already!
Hey Christer, let me tell you . If you can do a four day stint at the, Le Mans 24 Hours, and at the same time watch the race, digest the exhaust's odours of the race track, and defy the local delicacies all at the same time... My Friend, you will need a vacation in Scandinavia after such a work-out when the race comes to an end Sunday 17:00 hours!!.. And if you’re looking for peace and soul-searching quiet, drive north through Sweden and into northern Norway till you can go no further... The North Cape... I leave it to you to discover that eerie, almost silent solitude looking out to Sea, your toes literally on land’s end... If you have not made that trip already, do it!!.. Return south, but now drive through the coastal, Norwegian Fjords, I can only imagine that must be fantastic in a Porsche 911/964... If God, lives somewhere on Earth, he’ll have a Scandinavian return address on his envelopes...

I still recall the Land Rover swb, Anne Lindstroom from Stockholm, my one month’s visit, my return to GB, and Jimi Hendrex playing at the Isle of Wight, for the last time in September, 1970... Memories...

Go for it Christer!!.. Have some fun before you check out.. Do it Man!! Especially while you still can. You will never forget such a trip with your Porsche...
Hey...You got room for me,
Marc
Old 02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
MrSwede
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MARC A. 964 C4
B] If God, lives somewhere on Earth, he’ll have a Scandinavian return address on his envelopes...[/B]
Now we're talking....

Quick Reply: "964 Prices"...How much has been spent since...