Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colored gauge faces (and gauge-changing legal issues)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006 | 05:32 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Default Colored gauge faces (and gauge-changing legal issues)

<-----My car has a blue interior. I was considering getting aluminum trim rings to match the brushed aluminum-look of the Alpine head unit I have installed, but then I thought I'd like to look at my options for gauge face colors to either lay over my current black-faced gauges or just buy a white or silver gauge set outright. I was also wondering about dark blue gauges to match the dashboard, etc. That may look cool. Is that color readily available?

Two main things:

1. Would some of you who have other-than-black gauge faces (and even better, blue interiors) mind posting some pics of your interiors? I want to visualize the overall look before buying.

2. If I were to buy a new odometer, how would I set the mileage to my current or how would I have to have that legally noted? Would it be a pain to do? Paperwork?

Thnx,
Harry

Last edited by Euromagination; 01-24-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2006 | 06:09 PM
raymond-turner
Instructor

Try this, if enough of us enquire, I'm sure they will make them. If we choose carefully, we could avoid the ''boy racer'' image.
http://speedhut.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1
Old 01-24-2006 | 11:05 PM
hawk911
Race Car

if you replace the odo, the title should reflect that. I don't believe you can alter the odo, even if you are replacing it.
Old 01-25-2006 | 01:05 AM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I don't have the color faced guages, but I do have the blue interior with some aluminum bits.
Attached Images    
Old 01-25-2006 | 07:45 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Sonny, I like the bezels. not sure about the CF, but that's just me.
Old 01-25-2006 | 10:15 AM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Sonny, nice looking combination. Where did you get the bezels? Do they just snap on.
Old 01-25-2006 | 10:36 AM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have been looking for this one without a result
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2006 | 01:41 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

SonnyV, that's nice. Love those rings. Thnx for the pic.

last toy, As far as snapping on... I don't think they snap on. I think you have to apply silicone adhesive.
Old 01-25-2006 | 01:44 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by last toy
Sonny, nice looking combination. Where did you get the bezels? Do they just snap on.
Thanks. The bezels just a simple glue on, which can be remove at anytime. These are not the later ones where they are billet. These are stamped I believe.

I got them from Imagine Auto about 3-4 years ago. Don't know if they still have them. There are a lot of different types of bezel on the market now with different finishes. Do a quick search on 993 forum or on ebay to see more examples.

Regards,

Sonny
Old 01-25-2006 | 01:46 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hawk911
if you replace the odo, the title should reflect that. I don't believe you can alter the odo, even if you are replacing it.
So if I bought a used white-faced gauge set and the odometer has 13k miles on it, but my car has 90k on it, I just have to note that somewhere? And would I have to get that notarized somehow? It won't hurt my resale or anything, right?
Old 01-25-2006 | 02:07 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Euromagination
So if I bought a used white-faced gauge set and the odometer has 13k miles on it, but my car has 90k on it, I just have to note that somewhere? And would I have to get that notarized somehow? It won't hurt my resale or anything, right?
Then you could sell it as a "low mileage" car on Evilbay
JUST KIDDING
Old 01-26-2006 | 08:58 AM
craig001
Drifting

I just had to replace my speedo. I picked up a used unit with 29k on it. Before installing the new speedo I pulled the old one and took some pics with both speedos together and close-ups of the odometers. I am also keeping the old speedo in the garage for whenever I sell the Targa. I imagine that the next time you get an inspection Carfax may report "Possible Rollback", but with the pics and old speedo you could just show them to whomever.

Quick Reply: Colored gauge faces (and gauge-changing legal issues)