Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first 911 Porsche.*)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:23 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

Default My first 911 Porsche.*)

My first 911 Porsche.*)

My Dad, known to many of you, as finally bought me my first P-car. I need some help and serious advice because I’m a little lost in what to do first. For starters,...

I need a good body shop in Southern France. There’s some rust and the paintwork needs a good polish. Has anyone ever installed a sun roof?...

The original engine is out, but I at least still have the red oil filter still in place. Which oil should I use?...

The dashboard is still functional, but it looks as if the cables leading to the odometer are seized. Will WD 4O work to free the inner cable?

I still have one Original Fuchs wheel in white, but it’s really not my colour. What if I painted it black, or should I remove the paint a polish?...

The callipers are defiantly an eye sore, and as the discs are still in good shape, I would love to repaint them. Would you go black, yellow or red?...

The shocks however have seen better bumps. As I’m going to track the P-car a complete upgrade is necessary. Here’s my problem. How HD should I go and with which manufacturer should I invest in, HR or Eibach?...

Other then a couple of normal for the age minor repairs, the car is sound. Speaking of music, I have no idea on the speakers. Should I install Focal 160’s or go back to the original Blaupunkt that are still in the doors?... BTW where are the doors?...

If any of you Dudes can help me in my restoration project I sure would appreciate it!...

*)And remember, this was once upon a time the "Dream Car" of someone...So the moral to this thread is... "Wash your 964's every Sunday"...

Thanks and all the best.
Christopher, the son of Marc A.

PS...And what was your, "FIRST DREAM CAR"... Any photos, description or even better yet, some old photographs from "YOUR GOLDEN ERA WITH YOUR FIRST LOVE", let’s reminisce together when cars were cars and the music on the radio was playing, "Let’s Have Some Fun"...

Last edited by MARC A. 964 C4; 01-14-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
BLK964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Looks like a fun project. I can't help too much. I think with that color blue it would look better with poliched fuchs. If you did polished fuchs, I'd go with red calipers, personally.

You'll find more people that have deleted sunroofs than have added one, but I'm sure it's been done.

Now, what size engine is going in the back? Got any more details?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

This car is too sweet to mod up on, I'd leave it as is! That galvanized body would make a stellar home for coral. Or, a really kick-a$$ fishtank. Paint some clouds on it and you'd have one hell of a nice duck hunting blind, too! How much for the wheel? Still good tread on the tire?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
stuart1997
Instructor

i wondered if they washed with sea water ?
The light-weight enthusiasts will be drooling over this one
Old 01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MARC A. 964 C4
My first 911 Porsche.*)
My Dad, known to many of you, as finally bought me my first P-car. I need some help and serious advice because I’m a little lost in what to do first. For starters,...
Thanks and all the best.
Christopher A. the son of Marc A.
Boy you are lucky. The first car my father bought me was a 64 Rambler American. Of course it had windows, motor, floorboards etc............
Tell Dad a TT would have been a better choice of a first car!
Congratulations and welcome to the slippery slope

Last edited by jimq; 01-13-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
willie964
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like your SOH Marc !
Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reminds me of my first car - 66' beeting with giant holes in the floor pans and no starter : )

Good luck with it - I may have a 3.6 for you to drop in it : )
Old 01-13-2006, 07:17 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Reminds me of my first car - 66' beeting with giant holes in the floor pans and no starter : )
My first car was a 1300cc '66 Beetle as well It had the optional Wolfburg low-level climate control (rust holes in the floor and rusted out heater channels). I acquired the car when I was 13 and learned a ton about automotive repair from it. But regardless of what part was falling off due to rust, the damn thing would always start, instantly, in the depths of winter. Sold it after three years for $50.

Andreas
Old 01-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Uhhhh... unless Christopher is, say, 12, no way that thing's running by the time he's 16 - what IS the driving age in France, anyway?

I'd suggest a bus pass, or possibly a Vespa!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:33 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Andreas, like yourself I had a 1962 VW 1200 that I "Fiber Fabbed" into a Dune Buggy for the Streets of NYC, man was I ever the Cool Dude there!! Then when I came to France in 1975 I bought a VW 1300 that I lived in at the ports in France while getting my stripes in the Sailing World... What I didn’t do in that Beetle... Perhaps all these years later that's why I still dream of yesterday every time I drive today... Thanks for a GREAT PHOTOGRAPH!!..
All the best from France,
Marc and Christopher (14 years old).

Quick Reply: My first 911 Porsche.*)