964 Prices - Page 57 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

964 Prices

 
Old 01-27-2017, 06:03 PM
  #841  
onevoice
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Southeast
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by bweSteve View Post
hahaha,... that article was a hoot to read. But mostly because I am coming at it from a unique perspective

So here I sit, still with '68, '69 Camaro's (& a highly desirable one too '68 RS/SS 396/375-M21-3:73),... yet if I were to sell something in my garage, it would NOT be my Porsche's.

so is it time to unload a Camaro or two?

But it is just funny for me to read an article like that,... where they only take into consideration primarily "Celebrity" cars & #1's, and then give overall market analysis & trends trickling down to the average driver.
But indeed, as I watch the auctions & look at results,... there does seem to be a lot of buyers willing to spend from $30k-$50k. Above that?, it's the outliers.

=Steve
Not that unique, I have old American iron in the garage too, and sold one of my camaro's last summer after I found I always took the 964 for drives. Still have a one owner 68 ss. I agree completely on the other points, rare cars are their own market, hard to make a driver fit into the trend.
onevoice is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 06:10 PM
  #842  
bweSteve
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bweSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 1,845
Default

Originally Posted by onevoice View Post
Not that unique, I have old American iron in the garage too, and sold one of my camaro's last summer after I found I always took the 964 for drives. Still have a one owner 68 ss. I agree completely on the other points, rare cars are their own market, hard to make a driver fit into the trend.
really? So a all original 68 "MQ" stamped 396/375 hideaway headlight RS/SS is not that unique?

oh wait,... you meant that my "perspective" is not that unique. Ok, I get it.

bweSteve is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:33 PM
  #843  
2qwik4u
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 750
Default

Originally Posted by robbie9999 View Post
There are many 964's on auction sites, not selling, from turbo's just sitting as well as c2 C4 and pricing to high, some are saying pricing is falling ?
can you please point me to the c2's for sale...
2qwik4u is online now  
Old 01-27-2017, 08:38 PM
  #844  
u7t2p7
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,844
Default

Originally Posted by 2qwik4u View Post
can you please point me to the c2's for sale...
Not sure what the confusion is here. The reason this thread is a "sticky" is for it's main purpose of providing pricing data for buyers and sellers. We'd all be better served and it would be a "cleaner" thread if all other comments, questions, WTB's etc be posted elsewhere.

And while there is nothing wrong with capitalism, I'm thinking you work for/with Top Gear Imports in New Jersey.
u7t2p7 is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 06:58 PM
  #845  
cool whip
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 301
Default

Off topic.

Last edited by cool whip; 01-31-2017 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Off topic
cool whip is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 10:55 PM
  #846  
jml911
User
 
jml911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Down South
Posts: 22
Default

1991 Slate Grey 964C4
100K miles, recent complete engine rebuild
new glass out respray; paint exterior 10/10
interior 9.5/10
new suspension
otherwise stock
$62K
jml911 is offline  
Old 01-30-2017, 11:21 PM
  #847  
casino square
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
casino square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Hong Kong and Arizona USA
Posts: 37
Default

.....pictures? :-)
casino square is offline  
Old 02-01-2017, 03:07 PM
  #848  
brucebell
User
 
brucebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 18
Default

purchase price (in USD please) $95k
purchase date Jan 19, 2017
mileage 33.2k
state or country where purchased Colorado USA
Model year 1994
C2 or C4 - C4
Coupe, targa or cab Coupe
color Black on black
tip or manual Manual
NA or turbo NA
did the vehicle come with tool kit yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 5
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 9

Options included:
XD9 wheels in car's color
Both seats heated
rear wiper
on board computer

brucebell is offline  
Old 02-01-2017, 03:46 PM
  #849  
jml911
User
 
jml911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Down South
Posts: 22
Default

Waiting on delivery. Will be sure to return with pictures.

J
jml911 is offline  
Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 PM
  #850  
Bloose993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bloose993TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,153
Default

Originally Posted by brucebell View Post
purchase price (in USD please) $95k
purchase date Jan 19, 2017
mileage 33.2k
state or country where purchased Colorado USA
Model year 1994
C2 or C4 - C4
Coupe, targa or cab Coupe
color Black on black
tip or manual Manual
NA or turbo NA
did the vehicle come with tool kit yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 5
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 9

Options included:
XD9 wheels in car's color
Both seats heated
rear wiper
on board computer

Rare bird. Nice!
Bloose993TT is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:03 AM
  #851  
tonyl
User
 
tonyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: southern cal
Posts: 14
Default

Contemplating to sell my garage queen.

1990 C2 Coupe, White So.Cal car all the time.I'm the second owner bought it from coworker about 12 years ago with 110k miles, 138k now. Engine rebuild when 90k with receipt of $15k by Rusnak Pasadena and another $5k on other.
Only issues A/C had to recharge twice a year. Bone dry ,runs like new, body 9/10 .It's hard to part with this baby. What price range do you guys think she is.
tonyl is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 12:47 PM
  #852  
MTR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 511
Default

Originally Posted by tonyl View Post
Contemplating to sell my garage queen.

1990 C2 Coupe, White So.Cal car all the time.I'm the second owner bought it from coworker about 12 years ago with 110k miles, 138k now. Engine rebuild when 90k with receipt of $15k by Rusnak Pasadena and another $5k on other.
Only issues A/C had to recharge twice a year. Bone dry ,runs like new, body 9/10 .It's hard to part with this baby. What price range do you guys think she is.
I don't think you would have a hard time selling it in the high 40s. Maybe ask $52k sell for $47-48k. Could probably fetch in the $50s with lower mileage.
MTR is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM
  #853  
luckyJ
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
luckyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 704
Default

Originally Posted by MTR View Post
I don't think you would have a hard time selling it in the high 40s. Maybe ask $52k sell for $47-48k. Could probably fetch in the $50s with lower mileage.
FYI, there is a '90 C2 coupe manual w/ similar miles asking $48k that has been sitting on Pelican for a few months...
luckyJ is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 03:46 PM
  #854  
MTR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 511
Default

Originally Posted by luckyJ View Post
FYI, there is a '90 C2 coupe manual w/ similar miles asking $48k that has been sitting on Pelican for a few months...
Good data point: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ornia-car.html

The black car is a +4 owner car and I don't see any documentation or receipts from 2002 on, or any mention of a top-end rebuild. So if the black car hasn't had the top-end redone yet, it's easily a $10k job to do it right. Which makes a 2-owner car with documentation of a reputable shop rebuilding the top-end seem like a bargain at $48k.
MTR is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 12:28 PM
  #855  
Mtea
User
 
Mtea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 115
Default

Any thoughts on the current value of my 1991 C4 Targa? 62k miles, all original even the paint, not a spec of rust, all maintenance and updates performed. Five speed, seat heaters, computer, leather, tool kit, air compressor. Even replaced the foam engine bay insulation last year. Targa top rebuilt. I'd even let the original dealership poster from 1991 go with it. I've had thoughts of selling, but they soon pass. You never know though. I've had it 10 years and usually put on 1k-2k a year.







Mtea is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 964 Prices


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: