Sponsored by:

Racecar Project - Front Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:58 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyT
i was wondering where the 964 through 996 cup cars get the feed for the aluminum ducting you always see zip tied to the driver's side a piller roll cage bar. It come through the factory airvent area but from where ?
On the 964 Cup I have seen it plumbed into the under-dash ducting. Basically whatever would feed cool air to the stock ducts is where they would plumb the tube.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
I have a single duct that runs from the front bumper into the cockpit for air out of the central dash vent. I also have a Cool Suit with the ice chest mounted in the front trunk, just in front of the gas tank (lines run through the fire wall and over to the driver door area to hook up to the shirt). Mine is mounted in front as I need the passager seat to give rides to students (otherwise ditch the passenger seat and mount it on the floor there).
Tom - I'm about to install a cool shirt system in my C2 for next season, and have not seen a lot of them installed in the front trunk (although it seems like the best solution). Would you mind posting pics of yours installed?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's one ... While I had posted that I switched to a 100 liter tank, when I picked the car up I found a 17 gallon tank had been sent and installed. I decided to keep it as it was. The ducting brings some air from the front to the driver. I have a small battery in a box in the lower left of the photo that you can't see. You can also see the dual master cylinders and the fluid reservoir to the right of the photo. The hose for the cool suit goes through the fire wall on the left of the photo and then over to the driver's side. I used a double length of hose.
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
Here's one ... While I had posted that I switched to a 100 liter tank, when I picked the car up I found a 17 gallon tank had been sent and installed. I decided to keep it as it was. The ducting brings some air from the front to the driver. I have a small battery in a box in the lower left of the photo that you can't see. You can also see the dual master cylinders and the fluid reservoir to the right of the photo. The hose for the cool suit goes through the fire wall on the left of the photo and then over to the driver's side. I used a double length of hose.
Thanks. This seems like a better solution than the rear seat.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rear seat is impossible with my cage and a passenger seat. Floor of the passenger side is fine for races, but not good if I'm instructing in a DE and want to use it.

Quick Reply: Racecar Project - Front Trunk