urgent. help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default urgent. help please

Guys.
car pulled out of a pub right in front of me about 2 meters to react. i hit it trying to arrage insureance.

WHere do I tell them to take it for teh best job! I want it like new

Completey the other huys fault. ***** didnt even look
Old 12-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad News Pesty. Hope it comes back like new.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear this Pesty - everyones worst nightmare! Not sure where I'd take it as you're not local to me. I'd give whoever services your car & ask them who'd they'd use.

Andy
Old 12-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Porshces seem to be made stronger than Jap metal
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Ouch. sorry to see/hear this.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Sten
Pro

Phil,
Sorry to hear that - this is more of a don't use, since my car is back in the bodyshop for the third time (and has been languishing for three weeks!) therefore I don't recommend Lloyd's. I have seen a couple of excellent jobs by the bodyshop guys at Ninemeister, and there's a really good chap in Widnes - but probably both too far for you. You have my complete sympathy!
Barry
PS If it had been the driver's side, I've got a spare wing!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sten
Phil,
Sorry to hear that - this is more of a don't use, since my car is back in the bodyshop for the third time (and has been languishing for three weeks!) therefore I don't recommend Lloyd's. I have seen a couple of excellent jobs by the bodyshop guys at Ninemeister, and there's a really good chap in Widnes - but probably both too far for you. You have my complete sympathy!
Barry
PS If it had been the driver's side, I've got a spare wing!
Thanks barry.
Glad you said ninemeister as I think I'll request it goes there. I saw some of their work when I had the alignment done last year and to my un trained eyes it looked very good.

could have done without the hassle to be honest but the main thing is no one was hurt. My youngest daughter was in the car(passenger side glad Porsche are strong) and shes fine. I have a stiff neck but i dont know whether its whiplash or stress
Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
stuart1997
Instructor

Bad news m8,been there myself in my old p-car ,i was gutted.
Stay clear from bellbrook bodycraft in shrewsbury-there in it for the money.
Heard good stuff about autocraft in st georges-they looked at my old car and were quite knowlegable.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:00 PM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Damn, you've been a bit unlucky lately, first the rebuild, now this. I hope it will work out fine for you.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:57 PM
robbed666
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see a 964 damaged by some 'Jap Crap'. Hopefully he's car is a 'write off' (I get vindictive when it comes Porsches). I would personally would get the repairs done, then sue the ****. Just because the insurance companies have paid out for the damage. Doesn't mean you can't issue a summons for all your uninsured losses, time etc.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:05 PM
williamreinecke
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The good news is that it doesn't look like a terrible hit. I think you will come away better off! New bumper, no more rock chips.

Too bad you already had clear lenses, this would have been your chance to get them "free".

Sorry I am no help with referral, as I am across the pond. But maybe I can cheer you up a bit.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

Bad luck there, hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by williamreinecke
The good news is that it doesn't look like a terrible hit. I think you will come away better off! New bumper, no more rock chips.

Cheers guys, you cant see from the picture but there is a scrape all the way down the side not deep enough to go through the paint but a scarpe all the same so I think the whole passenger side will need re painting.

The wheel does not turn with the steeringwheel and I can see pieces of brocken metal behind the wheel. think one is the front sway bar
Old 12-02-2005, 04:29 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Oh Petsy, you must be sick, I feel for you...The front left fender can be repaired easily, being a separate body panel, a new plastic bumper, I’m sure the support brackets are sound, a new lense, rim and tire, it hurts like hell but it could have been worst. Go to my site below, and you’ll find my car less its nose, maybe gives you another perspective. Yes, I know a small, one Porsche ,at a time body shop, but you better live around here for that,.. My heart goes out to you, I know every time I drive my 911/964, I always hope for the best, and we hope the same for you also!! Merry Xmas!! MarcA.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:55 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pesty
Thanks barry.
Glad you said ninemeister as I think I'll request it goes there. I saw some of their work when I had the alignment done last year and to my un trained eyes it looked very good.

could have done without the hassle to be honest but the main thing is no one was hurt. My youngest daughter was in the car(passenger side glad Porsche are strong) and shes fine. I have a stiff neck but i dont know whether its whiplash or stress
bodytechnics @ slough

i took my 964 the for a total respray because someone vandalized my car with brake fluid.....

they did excellent job!!!

Quick Reply: urgent. help please