Back in th P-car community

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:02 AM
bzh on the loose
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Back in th P-car community

hello all!

i need some advice to bring back a very good friend of mine in the P-car community.

here is a sum up of his "history"...

He's been a P car addict since long time, like me, and was the first of us to access to the Porsche dream, 7 years ago in the way of a 3,2l targa...After 3 years of ownership, he lost control on a wet-greay-bumpy road and hit the security rail, rear end first. Not too much damage (no injuries except my friend ego) but his then soon-wife-to-be got really scared when all that rear window glass went flying everywhere...
So he has to sell the car as she wouldn't some back in any 2 Wheel drive rear-engine sport car...
His now wife recovered and is still kind of attracted to the brand and its history. So i did strike recently, spending a week-end with them, arriving in my newly (2 weeks!) acquired C4. she loves the lines, it confortable enough for her (6ft tall...) BUT BUT BUT, if the trunk of the 3,2l was "ok"...she really despair when shown the "trunk" capacity of the C4. And they now have 2 little kids...
So i just need a last "push" (my friend his working on it almost daily, amazingly the $ not so much of an issue here) to convince the couple decision manager... I am single w/o kids so, any advices on how to squeeze kid's stuff in a 911 are hugely welcome!

Help me to bring this soul to our community!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:56 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Give him and the wife $35,000, there's a 911/965 for sale in Florida, I'm sure that would set the path right for, PORSCHE 911/965 PASSION,. Fill up the car and get him back on the right road to home. Other then that, he must know himself, and after all, this is, NOT HER PORSCHE!, but rather, HIS PORSCHE! From me," Set the rules now, before it's TOO LATE !!" I think he needs a mistress, (A porsche911). With you, he already has a good friend, after a Porsche, that's the next best thing!!... Marc A.

PS "Written in fun with no offence intended"
PSS. I only just saw it's you posting, hope that all is well in your world!. Marc,..
Old 11-22-2005, 05:50 AM
bzh on the loose
Advanced

Well, Marc, my friend is in France... so too bad for the 965...even though he would LOVE it!

But He likes new challenge, as in the SAME week, he
-changed job after looking for months
-sold his house (with nice profit) AND found another one for rent
-Welcome Kid No 2 (boy) in the Family...

The "nice" profit is estimated to a brand new 997 with some Xtras...BUT, even if his wife is a sport car-friendly... she is now the mother of 2 (that kind of cool 'em down a bit)!!! And now, he is no more a homeowner and the cost of housing got a bit crazy lately in France..as you know. so the "profit" has to be put in perspective

he just send me email regarding "what's next" like
1-beeing bit selfish family-wise and buy a 944 turbo/cab (lesser investment-wife excuse) as a temporary path back to the 911/964.
2-wait for the piggy to get a bit fatter and get a real nice 911
3- buying 2 quads for US as "relase" time together (Yep, he is a good friend!)

I really like No3 idea (specially since we did snowmobile in NorthernFinland when students.....ah I really miss thoses times...) but wouldn't help too much regarding the 911 situation...
i would suggest No1, as his wife would always feel like he should have gone the full mounty (she Loves the 911 lines more than the ones of the 944...even without if the practicability of the latter can not be denied)

i am really weary of No2 as "later" may mean "when the kids have finish studies"...

What would YOU do?

PS: i read a thread regarding your health issue... My old man got the same problem (and more!) so When i got my baby, he was as happy as i was: You only live once! And HE got to drive the car when i am away...
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

What would I do?, More, what I did already in fact. The used Porsche situation in the Cotes d’ Azur is very bad, nothing is clear, and in the 15-20, 1985-1994’s various 911's each and everyone had been in an accident, nothing has changed here, too many people, too hot, too much money especially since the Euro change over, add that all up with bad nervous drivers and the end result, "c’est la merde!" I went to Germany and found my 911/964 (A POSTED COPY) I, approach my fourth year with this, Porsche 911/964, I purchased this car as my "Last Wish" as my health at 54 took a turn for the worst. My first Colon Colostomy revealed two polyps that were near perforation and too large for local removal. Large equals malignant growth and so on. More tests more scans gave me the bad news, I required surgery ASAP and malignant polyps pointed in the direction of, cancer. I was cut, repaired and put back together, my stay in the hospital was hell personified many were not as fortunate as me to leave,.. What kept me going was this "OLD PORSCHE 911, CARRERA 4 964 IN WHITE/NAVY BLUE THAT I HAD PURCHASED SIGHT UNSEEN IN BAVARIA FOR THE PRICE OF A USED VW GOLF",..For over a week in the after/operation ward all I did was stare at six Internet photos from "SCOUT 24 DE." of a car in some storage garage in Bavaria, being sold by someone who represented the owneress. (On and on and on and on),..I healed and was saved by Doctors now Friends. My purchase continued, I am the second owner and, in a way my 911/964 became my BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE,....
Marc Agnew
(BACK LIVE)..Because of health and in search of the accident free, honest example, this above posted story brought me to Bavaria. It worked for me, your friend rides alone in his search, really every used Porsche has a story to tell, hey that sounds good!! It’s the truth though, I got to go if you repost, I’ll say hello later in the day, all the best, Marc.

PS. And your Father today, is all better and his health in the right direction now, I hope so, it's not much fun being so sick, so deep inside and with so much at stake,.....

Last edited by MARC A. 964 C4; 11-22-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:25 AM
bzh on the loose
Advanced

i come back with some news...

la CGT (controleur du tresor ) decided that no investment on wheels should be foreseen at the "ultra earliest" in the next year...

i am wondering if this include the quads...

As for my daddy, his case was a bit less critical (if such exists in this kind of situation) than yours because he was already quite sick (very strong asthma, need corticone everyday since 1982...) so he got detected quite early. The problem was more of the way to sedate him as he was a "good" candidate to not wake up... As doc says, he is an "interesting" case (asthma which treatment shot the kidneys, cancer, tuberculosis...) He stopped working 2 years ago (at 60) and his health is so much better now. i guessed NO stress and the possibility to do what ones wants are the key to a better health...and now he can be young again when driving mum in MY car to the brittany coast.(it's funny that in my younger days i asked my parents to borrow the familial car for dates and now... i support their week-end )

i got the chance to visit a friend in cagnes last summer and drove back up to morzine NOT taking the highway... nice roads but spoiled by too much tourists!
Old 11-25-2005, 09:00 AM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

I've got three young kids, 5,6 and 8. I bring them to school almost every day. Having small children is not in the way of owning a 911. Only problem would be to stow the buggy for the babies, that's an epidode which I have behind me. The kids love to drive around in the 964, when they will get older I hope they will look back on a happy youth and the 964 is a small part of that.

Quick Reply: Back in th P-car community