Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nervous for nothing, I'm sure...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife doesnt drive a stick. Nor does she want to. Nor do i want her to. Shes not very aware of what is going on around her.

I really wouldnt mind a close friend or somesuch driving my car so long as they have a cpl clues about driving a car.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:55 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the tiptronic thinking it would be a fun car for both of us to play with, but I have become a bit possessive over it to the point that we are looking for a Boxster for her to play with.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe in sharing the thrill of driving the car, if someone asks me if they can drive it, I'll usually allow it (trustworthy only needless to say). Fun to look at the grin on their faces when they return. Most of the time they just want to be seen driving it anyway. If my girlfriend hurt my car, she would be far more upset about it than I would be. She's actually asked twice now, no biggy, depends on the destination... Her daughter would be a whole different set of circumstances, a simple NFW suffices! Some of you have very special cars so thats a bit different than a bone stock car with a Tiptronic, I tell her no parking lots, period. She once asked me if a tram were going to come out to the parking spot I picked out.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 PM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, i get that cringe when my own wife even thinks about driving any of our cars, LOL
Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I encourage my wife to drive the P but she's too nervous about what will happen to me if something happens to the car. She always driven a stick until her most recent car and misses it but she doesn't want anything to happen to it "on her watch". In any case she's driven it lots of times but not unless I'm in the car.

c
Old 11-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Well, the car is fine so far. It's in her garage now.

I've been a little "interested" about it all day. I think I now know what it's like to be a father, but I have no children.

One day down, one to go. I considered running the Evo up to trade her since it may rain. That's an excuse for her not to have it.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I let me 28 year old son drive mine and I have to admit that I hold my breath every time until he returns it with no damage and no tickets. But as he has never screwed up yet I am getting more comfortable with his borrowing dads mistress.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brian_77_3.6
I let me 28 year old son drive mine and I have to admit that I hold my breath every time until he returns it with no damage and no tickets. But as he has never screwed up yet I am getting more comfortable with his borrowing dads mistress.

Well I know to never ask to drive your car then, I'm 26.

Quick Reply: Nervous for nothing, I'm sure...