Sponsored by:

New Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Tim Sawyer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shoes

Well finally tracked down a clean set of Boxster twists. Took a while but a nice guy in Chicago (suburbs) was taking a set of his Boxster. Sold for $500. Iwill post pictures when I get them. So the obvious next question for the collective brain is tires. Any thoughts/comments on BFG KDW2's? they get oustanding ratings in the dry and great in the wet. Price is good, I just have not heard of anyone chosing them in our little corner of the automotive world. Lots of good reviews elsewhere but no Porsche owners I could see.
On an unrelated topic (to tires) how often do you see a REAL 73 RS driving down your street. Bruce Canepa uses our street as part of his test loop when he's troubleshooting vehicles. Quite a site (and sound) here's teh business end of it from the recent tech Day we had at Canepa
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2005, 12:16 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Hey Tim, On this side of the Atlantic, turn right, head south and you’ll find my 1991 911/964, fitted out with 17 inch Porsche cup alloy wheels and running on Pirelli P Zero Rosa (red dotes) all sizes to factory spec. On my MB 220 CDI station wagon, Porsche Antibes, France (where I live) installed a new Continental Contact Sport II on AMG 17 inch alloy wheels. The first are soft performance minded but burn out after 25,000 klms, the second are longer lasting and offer the best overall package, the new 997’s here are now fitted out, w/ CONTI CONTACT 2 SPORTS, that must say something for this new CONTI..... Marc A. PS.....NOT OFTEN !

Last edited by AGNEW, Marc; 11-10-2005 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 AM
jdodson
Advanced

About two years ago I bought a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's from Tire Rack. I never see any posts about them, but my experience has been great. They are summer tires, and dry and wet traction is superb. As summer tires, their traction in snow is not good. What I like most is that they are exceptionally quiet - I hear the wonderful sound of the engine, not the noise of the tires. You might want to check out the performance reviews on Tire Rack.

Jim
Old 11-10-2005, 09:29 AM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dec '05 Car & Driver just did a comparo of the usual suspects, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 ended up on top. FWIW.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Tim Sawyer
Intermediate

Thanks Guys, I'll see what C&D has to say about the BFG's.
The reviews I did read were from Tirerack. thanks for the input. I'll let you know what happens and of course take some pictures.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Last time I was at the P-car dealer in Toronto, every car there was on Michelin Pilot Sport's -- made my decision to get the MPS's an easy one.

Marc

Quick Reply: New Shoes