Sponsored by:

Monday Morning- with a twist

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:15 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Morning- with a twist

We started with why are you happy, but I think we should also include what did you do this weekend.

I spent Saturday cleaning; the yard & the car. Put what may be the final coat of glaze and polish on the for the year; the car looks fantastic. I still swear by Meguiars; now I use the Mirror Glaze line with Pro-tech wax.

Sunday was my niece's confirmation, so we spent 4 hrs on the road there and back, but it's good to see family. Hard to believe she's going to be 15 in a few weeks.

Oh yeah; I got an invitation to go here; think I should go? Geoff's invitation spot

So what about you; either why are you happy, or what did you do this weekend?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:22 AM
Jeremy Pinsly
Pro

I'm happy that I live in Flordia and I could drive my cab around all weekend with the top down, looking at beautiful blue skies and 70F............

And the car is running flawlessly.........knock on wood!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Went rock climbing on Saturday for a while then came home and went for a bike ride with my wife. Then went to the race track (Keeneland) and picked up my sister and a friend in the P and took the long way home. It had been a while since I'd been on a longer than 15 minute drive and man was it fun. Cool fall air, roof open, bright sunshine...what a day. All things to be happy about.

c
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Another glad I am also a Florida Pcar driver! Top has been down since the day after Wilma came thru and probably will be until the end of the month at least.
Got the new rear calipers cleaned and the first couple of coats of paint on. In case anyone is interested i found the 2 part cleaner/paint kit at Pepboys and only $15. They had it in red, black, white and blue. As usual no affiliation implied.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My daughter and I, new carseat installed, took the P to my grandmother's 90th birthday party. About 20 great-grand children were in attendance!

She fell alseep on the way home, my daughter that is.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I spent the weekend raking leaves....a 5 acre yard seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bates - glad you got the seat installed.

Hawk - so any news on your big secret yet?

Marc
Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Members of the Roughrider Porsche Club did a run from Fargo through the Sheyenne River Valley to Luverne ND (pop. 80) for dinner at Rocken Rodney's.

Doc
'90 C2 Cabriolet
Old 10-31-2005, 03:08 PM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

I had the whole weekend without any soccer games, my daughters or mine. So, I spent most of the day saturday stripping down my engine. Got pretty far, but it is slow going, as I am trying to document everthing I do, so I can actually put it together.

Also had a few of these .
Old 10-31-2005, 03:47 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

I spent the whole weekend making room in my garage for my new 911. 5 more days till I pick her up. I'll post pictures here when I get her home.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

My weekend started Thursday night, about 10:30pm, in the ER

Thursday night, we went to bed early as I was TIRED of many late nights working in the garage etc. I just got to sleep when my poor wife was walking around the room screaming in pain. Wow! Something was wrong in a big way. Off to the ER we went. CT scan confirmed a huge kidney stone. IV drugs on-board, she was resting. Got home about 2am as we thought she had enough drugs to last the night, time enough to get to her regular Dr. in the morning. 6am rolls around, she is back to full pain mode. Back to the ER and she was admitted around 7am. All day in the hospital (she works there, so we got a private room), Sat. am she had surgery to install a stent to relieve the pressure in her kidney. Now at home and she is feeling better. Just have to have the stone ultrasonically broken-up sometime next week. Poor girl!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:56 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Chris,

Sorry to hear that, please give her my regards.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Chris
Been there done that. I felt like the first guy ever to have a baby! I know how she feels and wish her the best!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:10 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Chris, was in prompt care myself with my wife on Sat. morning, but nothing as severe. Hope your wife is better soon; mine's on the mend (just a severe cold that settled into her chest)

Marc- not much to go on here, but 1 secret turned into 2. Here's a hint to one of them. I get more time with Porsche stuff. Jay- no help either. And I don't intend to turn this into an Arjan post; no offense intended.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
Jay- no help either.
Don't worry, nobody's gettin' nothin' outta me!

Jay
Old 10-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris... I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I'm sure all will turn out okay!

Well I spent the better part of Saturday splitting and stacking a cord of wood. When we moved in 3 years ago... I tried to talk my wife into a nice gas fireplace... She wanted the crackle and pop of a real fire... I wanted to save my back! I spent Sunday relaxing and catching up on a dozen other things that I have been putting off. I really wanted to make the local ride and drive... But this was the only weekend that I was free to get the wood.

Hawk... SPIT IT OUT ALREADY! No teasing allowed! If you don't tell us... We'll strap you down and pull out your hair with duct tape!

Quick Reply: Monday Morning- with a twist